SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Madison, silver '04 V70R MT.

EnzoRWD, I'm guessing that was yours I saw getting some angle gear work done at Coachworx last week ("Save the Manuals" sticker on the left rear, as I recall).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hartland, black '05 V70R MT. Any local activities?

·
Registered
3 Posts
S60R 2007 mt

Just bought a pristine Passion Red low milage manual transmission S60R (2007), in Madison, WI. Daily driver: love it! Any other R's around? Was thinking of installing the Rica isoftloader; anyone any tips on that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
In Madison... Black XC90 V8 Sport

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hey everyone, I'll be moving from Central Illinois to Madison this summer, man I'm not looking forward to that cold (northern California native) but I am a fan of snow fun when possible :)

Actually going to be up this weekend learning neighborhoods and areas to start house shopping.

Definitely looking forward to a larger and more diverse city (as long as I find solid work).

1 question. Coming from California I'm all too familiar with strict emissions testing and how things are, haven't had to test in Illinois, is it pretty simple in Madison? Like, in California, my boost gauge install would be questionable because it's tapped into a vacuum line and isn't oem, I'd *assume* Wisconsin is not that crazy but want to be prepared.

Obligatory pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey everyone, I'll be moving from Central Illinois to Madison this summer, man I'm not looking forward to that cold (northern California native) but I am a fan of snow fun when possible :)

Actually going to be up this weekend learning neighborhoods and areas to start house shopping.

Definitely looking forward to a larger and more diverse city (as long as I find solid work).

1 question. Coming from California I'm all too familiar with strict emissions testing and how things are, haven't had to test in Illinois, is it pretty simple in Madison? Like, in California, my boost gauge install would be questionable because it's tapped into a vacuum line and isn't oem, I'd *assume* Wisconsin is not that crazy but want to be prepared.

Obligatory pic

Nah...no emissions testing in Madison that I know of, I've been here for almost 8years and haven't had to. Milwaukee does though.

Welcome to Madtown...awesome city, especially in the summer!!!

Let me know if you need a mechanic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Nah...no emissions testing in Madison that I know of, I've been here for almost 8years and haven't had to. Milwaukee does though.

Welcome to Madtown...awesome city, especially in the summer!!!

Let me know if you need a mechanic...

Sweet.
How're police regarding front plates and front window tint?

I enjoy doing my own work, but have yet to (even try to) get vadis working and because of that am still holding off on some fluid changes (awd system). But I expect my car will still barely be at 70k miles when we officially move

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sweet.

I enjoy doing my own work, but have yet to (even try to) get vadis working and because of that am still holding off on some fluid changes (awd system). But I expect my car will still barely be at 70k miles when we officially move

I have dark from window tint and don't use a front license plate in Madison. Biggest thing to know about Madison is don't drive like an a-hole and the cops won't bother you. Send me a pm when you get to town. I can clue you in on neighborhoods to avoid etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sweet.

Somehow missed your last post...but what @strikeoutss said pretty much hits it right on the head.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Right on.

I tend to be a very conservative driver around town and the front plate is an easy fix and it comes and goes usually.

Have to learn the area but the goal is to have a shorter better drive to U of W for my wife since she'll have to be able to get there year round regardless of weather.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Right on.

I tend to be a very conservative driver around town and the front plate is an easy fix and it comes and goes usually.

Have to learn the area but the goal is to have a shorter better drive to U of W for my wife since she'll have to be able to get there year round regardless of weather.

UW is centrally located so there are easy ways to get there from virtually anywhere in town. But there are a few areas of town that tend to be quieter than others.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts