SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I just installed a Sony XAV-AX1000 and subwoofer package in my 2007 S60 2.5t. Everything in the car worked perfectly before installation. After installing I lost control of my rear window buttons, headrest button, trunk lock button, trunk latch button, sunroof, gas cap button, and my door lock button. On top of all this, my taillights flicker randomly and sometimes my dome lights stay on and it keeps beeping like a door is open. I must've really messed something up during installation and I'm currently at a loss for what it could be. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Probably some sort of CANBUS issue. What did you do with the CANBUS connector that was on the back of the OEM radio?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not quite sure. Had a friend of mine helping with the wiring as he has helped before in other vehicles of mine. Is this part of the factory wiring harness? What should have been done with it?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Huh, strange.

Sounds like maybe multiple issues, none of which sound easy.

I'd start with the battery connections in the trunk and ground, double check everything is tight. Make sure the ground is to chassis and is clean and tight, these cars don't like power fluctuations or low power. I'd just double check all of the power points, for both the trunk sub/amp set up, as well as the head unit. Often a bad ground can freak out electronics, even if it doesn't make sense.

As for the head unit, to make it as problem free as possible, I'd hope a wiring adapter was used and not cut and splice, so possibly pulling the head unit out again to verify everything is plugged in clean and nothing is unplugged or missing.

It doesn't sound like a fuse issue since you're having issues with multiple different systems, but we do have 4 fuse blocks. 1 under the hood, 1 in the left dash/door opening, 1 under the steering wheel, & 1 in the trunk:
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2007/2007_s60/07s60_09.htm#pg190

You could disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if it clears things up, but having the VIDA/DICE set up would possibly help guide you better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts