SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. New poster here. I'm building a project car for the shop and I have a great respect for the bricks. My platform is a 1977 Volvo 244, I've already tossed the 4cyl/4spd for a 200hp, 230fpt 3.8l V6/4spd auto from a 1998 Firebird. I'm rewiring the car from headlights to taillights since I can get wiring kits very inexpensively, and I've got everything done except for the instrument panel.<p>I've figure out MOST of it, but I've got a couple that are making me scratch my head. My crappy Chilton's manual is very faint and its hard to trace some of the wires. Heres what I have got tho. There are two connectors, one is a half circle with 4 wires and I'll call it #1. THe other is a full circle with 7 wires and I'll call it #2.<p>#1<br>Pin 1 - Brown - Parking Brake Warning Light<br>Pin 2 - Red/Blue - UNKNOWN<br>BLANK HOLE<br>Pin A - Black - 12v+ (I think)<br>Pin 3 - BLANK<br>Pin 4 - Grey - Fuel Tank Sender<p>#2<br>Pin 1 - BLANK<br>Pin 2 - BLANK<br>Pin 3 - Red/White - High Beam Indicator<br>Pin 4 - BLANK<br>Pin 5 - Grey - UNKNOWN<br>Pin 6 - Blue - Right Turn Signal Lamp<br>Pin 7 - BLANK<br>Pin 8 - Green - Left Turn Signal Lamp<br>Pin 9 - Red - Amp Warning Light (?)<br>Pin 10 - Yellow - Temp Warning Light<br>Pin 11 - Oil Pressure Warning Light<br>Pin 12 - BLANK<p>Can anyone help me decipher these uncertain ones out? Please and thank you!!!!!!!!!<p><br>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Wiring a 244 Instrument Panel (GhoSSt)

Oh.. Once more thing. The 4L60E automatic tranny I'm using doesn't have provisions for a mechanical speedometer. Is there an electronic speedo from a different year that will fit into the 1977 cluster?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts