SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't take many long trips, mostly just short commutes so physically plugging the phone in every time is a hassle for me.
Does anyone know if products like this would work?
http://viseeousa.myshopify.com/prod...tor-for-in-car-ipod-integration-usb-connector

"The WMA2000 is a plug-and-play wireless Bluetooth music adapter designed for original and after market factory fitted iPod kits as well as after market in-car iPod integrations. Instead of manually plugging the iPod into the connector every time you enter the car, you instead connect this device via the built in iPod integration cable. Advanced wireless music technology powered by high quality CSR BlueCore5 Bluetooth module enables it to flawlessly communicate with Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad."

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
No, that won't work. Bluetooth cannot currently support systems like CarPlay.

Wireless CarPlay works over WiFi and is supported by iOS 9, but the tech has not gone to market yet.

Manufacturers may start shipping models supporting this tech in the next year or so, but to my knowledge they aren't available yet.

I am not sure if it will be possible for Volvo to support this tech with a software update for current vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
^^ that's what I'm wondering... Can Volvo just do an eventual software update to enable wireless CarPlay or would there need to be a hardware change made within the vehicle. One could be done free as a courtesy but the other could be costly... I'd love to see CarPlay go wireless so I'm hoping for a simple update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts