SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for wiper replacements? After owning Bimmers for the past 14 years, I have not had to replace wipers. The BMW service center always replaced my wipers for free whenever I took my cars in for service. Unfortunately, Volvo service does not.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd like to know, too. I am at just over 2 years of ownership and have the original wipers, and they have been wonderful. Not sure when I'll have to replace them, but I'll stick with OEM, whatever they are.

Tip: Don't be lazy and run your wipers over slush and ice. Get out and scrape it all off, and don't use the wipers until the windshield is warm enough to start melting the residual ice you didn't scrape on its own.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,036 Posts
Copy-Pasting my reply from the S90/V90 sub-forum which has the same thread.

"I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-windshield-wiper-blade-set-oem-8k1998002a"

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wiper blades are replaceable. It's very easy to replace. Just take off two tip plastic covers with a pair of pliers from one side. I got wiper blades from ebay with good reviews. It works perfectly and it's much better than few aftermarket wipers I put on before.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked up silicone PIAA’s but have installed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Recently I was at the dealership, and had them replace the wiper blades on my 2018 XC60, which cost about $30. I purchased for my 2003 XC90 for about $40 (has new style) apparently the dealers dropped the prices on all their wipers. Check with their parts department, I was pleasantly surprised! :whistle:

·
Registered
933 Posts
How so? I read good things about them but they don't fit SPA XC90s.
They don't fit well the curvature of the windshield. I have tried to adjust them for hours and they always leave a part without cleaning. Better to pay a bit more and get the OEM at the dealership. Lesson learned

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiped Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiped Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.
But these are for XC60 right? eBay page warned me that these doesn't fit my XC90.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I replaced the SPA XC90 wiper blade refills. I don't think the XC90 wiper blade is designed to change refills only. There's a little metal hook on one end of the wiper frame that hooked into the rubber. You have to take off caps on two ends and loose the hook a bit to change refills. It's a 2 minutes job to change the refills.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought the factory blades online through Tasca - I think it was 38 for the fronts and 14 for the rear. A bit expensive but the blades are great.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They don't fit well the curvature of the windshield. I have tried to adjust them for hours and they always leave a part without cleaning. Better to pay a bit more and get the OEM at the dealership. Lesson learned
The OEM is also made by Bosch and I believe Amazon has it for a lot cheaper than what the dealer charges.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The OEM is also made by Bosch and I believe Amazon has it for a lot cheaper than what the dealer charges.
I can tell you the ones you buy on Amazon and the dealership are not the same, regardless of who makes them. I have had 3 pairs of OEM and 1 Bosch from Amazon and the driver one from Amazon is impossible to adjust.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can tell you the ones you buy on Amazon and the dealership are not the same, regardless of who makes them. I have had 3 pairs of OEM and 1 Bosch from Amazon and the driver one from Amazon is impossible to adjust.
Thanks! That's good to know. I haven't ordered from Amazon yet and I probably wont now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Copy-Pasting my reply from the S90/V90 sub-forum which has the same thread.

"I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-windshield-wiper-blade-set-oem-8k1998002a"
Bought these. Came out to be around $34 for XC90. No idea why there is so much difference. Was shipping $4.99 for you?

The fit is good and no streaks at the point of contact but observed a very thin line of streak at the top of the wiper when going back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts