SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new xc70 owner, wiper stuck 3-4 inches high

hey guys I'm getting a used 2003 XC70 with 150k dropped off tomorrow

I already have an S60 and a stock of parts and the guy wasnt asking a whole lot, priced below fair book

it does have a few issues, one being the wipers and second being the notorious DIM issues.

I know the dim is fixable but just wondering whats going on with the wiper and if anyone heard of this before? I'm hoping I can just pop off the arm and readjust without much fuss. But i've seen this happen on my S60 a few times when on intermittent mode, but on the next wipe it would go back to normal. Ive read elsewhere the CEM could be the culprit or some other annoying electrical gremlins. I dont plan on taking this to the dealer and do most repairs myself if possible. Most of the other stuff seemed to work, locks,windows,seats,mirrors,sunroof, climate control, cruise, etc. Guy had it serviced at a local shop for some other issues.

Car looks great (beside front bumper needing to be reattached at the sides) and is still drivable and felt a lot more solid compared to my S60. Its going to be replacing a 93 olds cutlass supreme that is making a mess of the driveway and blowing white smoke, so its a welcome addition.

Either way, these 03's are a pretty rare find around here. I'm well aware of the 01-02 transmission issues.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You can definitely re-position the arm on the spindles if they always return to the same place. All it takes is for one mechanic to decide that he likes them a little higher and that's how they get put on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts