SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tip on how to fix it?? My car is only 7 months old, and I have noticed while wiping it make a loud noise (it's not those motoring loud noise)...more like wiping scratching noise "brrrrkkk" especially when the screen is moving downward. I try to remove the blade, clean it, and put it back....still the same problem. Dont tell me it's time for me to change a new blade set?? or could be the motor issue? How long do normally a new set last?? I thought it should last at least a year?

·
Registered
668 Posts
How hot has your summer been? Here in South Carolina (+35C and +60%RH most of summer) I can squeeze a year out of a set we put a set on in the fall, however if I put them on in the spring, by the time fall gets here it is time for a new set.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wipers have a six month life expectancy. I think armor all makes a "lifetime" one, but I found it to only last 10 month on my diesel truck. Keep in mind that trucks works in harsh conditions

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How hot has your summer been? Here in South Carolina (+35C and +60%RH most of summer) I can squeeze a year out of a set we put a set on in the fall, however if I put them on in the spring, by the time fall gets here it is time for a new set.
We are in winter mode at the moment....besides even in summer, it's only a short one (only 7 days very HOT 38C +). Just surprise if they are short live....even my work car HOLDEN Astra, havent change the wiper in 3 years! still working good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wipers have a six month life expectancy. I think armor all makes a "lifetime" one, but I found it to only last 10 month on my diesel truck. Keep in mind that trucks works in harsh conditions
Man, I thought wipers should last much longer....it's not like we live in a country that rain all the time 365/year. My work car HOLDEN Astra, has not even changed wiper in 3 years. Anyway, you reckon it's definitely the wiper fault for the noise?? not the arm?? or the motor??

·
Registered
668 Posts
I assume that it is in warranty, take it to the dealer and complain. At the very least I think they replace them as part of regular service (I may be wrong about this but I know other manufactures consider it part of oil service) One quick test would to be to put some socks over the blades to see if the noise goes away. Make sure the socks are cotton and clean and that the windshield is clean as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume that it is in warranty, take it to the dealer and complain. At the very least I think they replace them as part of regular service (I may be wrong about this but I know other manufactures consider it part of oil service) One quick test would to be to put some socks over the blades to see if the noise goes away. Make sure the socks are cotton and clean and that the windshield is clean as well.
Hmmmm....it seemed I may have fix the issue on the weekend myself. Just watch and google a couple youtube on fixing noisy wiper, and try them myself. Seem the noise is gone now...hopefully it will last for at least another 4-6 months. I was about to send the car to the dealer for a checkout. Yes the car is in warranty, but I dont think it will cover the blades (blades would be considered as wear and tear, just like brake pads). Anyway, thanks for the tip...I think it's a great tip...should have think about that...=)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts