SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm having problems with the windshield wipers on my '06 S60. They basically work when they want to. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and occasionally they come on with a delayed reaction. Lately they just havent been working at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what did you do about it?
Thanks,
Ken M.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I read a post recently, about a similar issue with wipers on an S60 of the same vintage. The owner removed the windshield drip tray to gain access to the wiper mechanism, and then removed the wiper assembly from the car. With some difficulty he was able to get the mechanism apart, and found a bushing that was completely lacking grease. He was able to clean up the mechanism, and lube it well, and get it all back together and operating normally, with no new parts required. I have not done this, but my 2005 S60 will likely need this maintenance soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a post recently, about a similar issue with wipers on an S60 of the same vintage. The owner removed the windshield drip tray to gain access to the wiper mechanism, and then removed the wiper assembly from the car. With some difficulty he was able to get the mechanism apart, and found a bushing that was completely lacking grease. He was able to clean up the mechanism, and lube it well, and get it all back together and operating normally, with no new parts required. I have not done this, but my 2005 S60 will likely need this maintenance soon.
Thanks Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts