SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the wiper blade sizes? The OEM ones seem pretty terrible to me, and I want to get some Valeos. I couldn't find them in the manual, and none of the several online size guides I have checked have the 16 XC90 yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Is it possible to use another brand of wiper?
i have not taken delivery of my xc90 yet but on every vehicle i purchased i have immediately swapped to bosch icon blades despite some negative reviews my experience has always been positive. )oem blades in general seem to be cheap, flimsy and streak within weeks or months of taking delivery so i combine the purchase of the new blades with a new application of aquapel and together i am confident driving in rain, sleet and snow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took delivery of mine two weeks ago, and my wipers have seemed liked they are a year old since the day i picked it up. Valeo is very well reviewed and has served me well in the past. They are also on sale on amazon right now.

·
Registered
838 Posts
gween, not that I'm aware of, this stuff works great, you don't need wipers the water just rolls right off. I've also applied it to the rear windshield.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Resurrecting this thread- has anyone changed wipers yet? Which ones did you go for and how have they fared? Mainly looking for specific part #s if possible.

Has anyone had a problem with their rear wiper? I don't even use mine that much but switched it on the other day and the blade just exploded/tore itself apart and off the arm. Not a big deal but I've never seen anything like it. I've noticed that often the first swipe of the rear blade will be really loud or sound like its fighting to start.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Noticed the rear wiper distorting about 2 mos. after taking delivery. The rubber separates from the plastic housing during hot weather in south FL. Can be pried back into normal position temporarily but is only a temporary fix. Very flimsy construction.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Resurrecting this thread- has anyone changed wipers yet? Which ones did you go for and how have they fared? Mainly looking for specific part #s if possible.
bump... My XC90 is in need of some new blades.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Bumping as well, anyone bought new blades yet?

I was wanting to try the rain X latitude with water repellency (link: https://www.rainx.com/product/wiper...e-water-repellency-wiper-blades/#.Vy_z4-b3ah8 ) and on the Rain X site it shows the 2016 xc90 as compatible but when you watch their video for 'pub arm types', it clicks in differently than the ones on the car now. Instead of clicking into the tab from the inside, it shows it clicking in from over the top of the arm.

Anyways, just wondering like others if anyone has tried any yet and had success, thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
BUMP...

Has no one replaced their wiper blades? I refuse to pay the stealership prices for wiper blades, but don't want to order the wrong size. The Bosch ICON website reflects "Part number not compatible with 2016 Volvo XC90" when I search there, yet Amazon shows some matches for that brand. There is also conflicting information between the RainX site and Amazon.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts