SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a set of steel wheels for the winter, along with some dedicated winter tires, as we get quite a bit of snow and ice where I am.

1. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with "Pirelli WINTER ICE ZERO FR" compared to other tires? Reviews seem positive, though they're a bit noisy.
2. I'm looking at steel wheels as well - the dealer and other websites claim 18" wheels will fit over my brake calipers in the fronts, but if they do, it would be incredibly tight... (on a 2019 V60 T6 Inscription with the standard 19" wheels currently for summer's, 235/40/19). Has anyone run some hub-centric steel wheels, and thoughts if so? This whole setup would be around CAD$1300, much better than the C$3000+ the dealer wants for Volvo Wheels and Michelin tires.

Font Astronomical object Circle Darkness Screenshot

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went with an 18x8 ET 35 running 235/45/18 Blizzak. The barrel just barely clears the front calipers. When the tires where mounted they used taller weights on two tires and they didn’t clear.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Grey

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with an 18x8 ET 35 running 235/45/18 Blizzak. The barrel just barely clears the front calipers. When the tires where mounted they used taller weights on two tires and they didn’t clear. View attachment 136236

View attachment 136237
Appreciate that info, I measured and figured it would be that tight. The cost difference between 18s and 19s for winter tires is pretty substantial which is why I was hoping for 18's (and to get a little more sidewall, potholes around here like crazy.)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I went on eBay and searched for "v60 take-off wheels." There's a dealer out in the midwest who often has them on there. I paid $1000 for a set of OEM wheels+tires that were essentially only used to roll the vehicle off the truck and then immediately swapped with something the customer wanted instead.

So they're on my storage rack chilling at the moment. As soon as it's time to replace the tires that came with my car, I'll put winters on those wheels. The take-offs will be my warm weather tires.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo V60 R-Design T6 AWD PoleStar Optimized, Bursting Blue
11 Posts
I am running 18'' in winter with Hakka 9 studded tires. The wheels are MAC ALLOY DIRECT 18X8 5-108;42/63 FAITH MATTE BLACK. Perfect fit!

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
726 Posts
One thing you might search Volvo dealers for is a set of take-offs that are actually in inventory. They will be much cheaper than ebay and you can use the VCNA rebate on them. There is a list here https://pictures.dealer.com/portlandvolvovcna/286261e80a0e09a740e4ce7860e18fe2.pdf but I would confirm what wheels they are before ordering as the one's I ordered were, 8640903 for 18" wheels for a 2020 V60CC (new part is 31680199). They sell for about 700 for a set of 4. As for snows, You can't beat Hakkapeliitta's but I also highly recommended Vredestein Snowtrac 5, they are superb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts