SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it and pulled the trigger on an OSD MY2020 V60 Polestar (since the MY2020 V60 T6 AWD doesn't exist in the US). However, I'm receiving the car right before winter and need to get winter wheels & tires. Does anyone know where I can find the specifications for wheels that will fit? Particularly I'm worried about clearance over the Brembo brakes.

Any suggestions on brands/models? Ideally I can find 18" wheels that fit to have the max sidewall height.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Pretty sure the brakes are similar to the ones on the previous gen Polestar so 18's won't fit. Volvo may offer a winter wheel and tire package like they did for the last Polestar but will be premium priced.

Not sure where you are located but in the US Tirerack may be able to help but they'll probably need your car to measure to see what fits. That's what they did with our cars when they were released 4 years ago.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
There was price correction for V60 P*Engineered MSRP to be $67.3k now on volvocars.com/us.
Just to keep you aware of it in case you got a different price before the correction.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
There was price correction for V60 P*Engineered MSRP to be $67.3k now on volvocars.com/us.
Just to keep you aware of it in case you got a different price before the correction.
What was it before it was corrected? $72k or thereabouts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2020 S60 (T6 Inscription, Polestar) delivered 2.5 weeks ago came with all-season tires. I live in the DC/MD area, and all-seasons work for me - are you in an area where you want dedicated winter/summer tires?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 2020 S60 (T6 Inscription, Polestar) delivered 2.5 weeks ago came with all-season tires. I live in the DC/MD area, and all-seasons work for me - are you in an area where you want dedicated winter/summer tires?
This is the 2020 V60 Polestar Engineered edition (not just Polestar tuned), so I think that's the difference. To answer your question, yes, I'm in an area where it gets very cold (-20F is not unusual) and lots of snow. All-seasons are pretty miserable here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which wheel did you end up with for your winter wheelset? I am in the same boat. My local dealer is saying the R-design 19" (32143050) should fit, but they don't seem fully confident in what fits for this car, due to it being new/the calipers. I want to be certain these fit before I try and find a refurbished set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't pulled the trigger on any wheels yet since no vendor can make recommendations until they have engineering specs (which I wasn't able to get from anyone). A local shop I like has a couple potential wheels we're going to try out once the car is here. I'll post when I learn more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a refurbished MY2019 R-design wheel (31471315) and they did not fit. Plenty of radial clearance between the rim and piston, but the spokes interfere with the piston. The wheel would need at least a 1/4"-3/8" spacer to clear.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up getting the 19x8.5 5x108 +42 Niche Essen. They look great and, even better, they fit! Actually they just barely fit. There's about two business card thickness of clearance between the spokes and the calipers. Apparently, one business card is the minimum recommended. I've already driven them in slush and snow and haven't had any problems yet.

View attachment 57619

View attachment 57621

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a V60 polestar engineered just before christmas, est. delivery march/april. The dealer had added their "standard winter wheel package" to the deal. When we where in to sign the contract, the mechanic/parts guy came out and told the seller that those wheels will not fit. After a bit, the seller told us that we would get the same polestar 19" rims for both summer and winter wheel sets, for the same price as the cheap alloy winter wheels. Lucky me I guess. Tyres will be Nokian R3 (nordic edition I guess).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My local volvo dealer specified part number 8640942 for the winter wheel package which is the 18" 5-Y Spoke Black Diamond Cut wheel with Blizzaks (2800usd for the set). This is after they said the R-design 19" wheel would fit (which wasn't even close). He also checked with the wheel "experts" at another location to make doubly sure they would fit the polestar. I asked and he kindly had a technician try on one of the 18" wheels while I was there inquiring and needless to say, they did not fit. But I wanted to post that it has officially been tried. It seems like no one at volvo knows what fits this vehicle and that the polestar wheels are the only official volvo ones that will work.

If anyone has suggestions other than the niche wheels, and for less than 500 usd, please post!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts