SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

401 - 420 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
will pull the trigger on OEM 20" winter set either this one or the standard 20 which comes on the RDesign. Think both are wrapped in 255

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
will pull the trigger on OEM 20" winter set either this one or the standard 20 which comes on the RDesign. Think both are wrapped in 255

I totally love this wheel. Looks like rolling and rolling even when stand still. Too bad only available for T5 T6. They should totally make a version for T8 as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I totally love this wheel. Looks like rolling and rolling even when stand still. Too bad only available for T5 T6. They should totally make a version for T8 as well.
Yeah really don't get it why the winter sets for the T8 are offered in 19 and 21's only.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Considered going with 245s but they were more pricey, plus harder to get a hold of. And given that the OEM size is 235, I felt it was probably safe to stick with these.
Great wheels ! Great price ! Did you asked your dealership to configure your speedometer for the reduced diameter ? Or you drive knowing that when it displays 120km/h, you're driving at 114km/h ? I'm doing the same (switching from Inscription 20" wheels for summer to T5 18" wheels in 235/60R18 for winter, so wondering what to do)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Great wheels ! Great price ! Did you asked your dealership to configure your speedometer for the reduced diameter ? Or you drive knowing that when it displays 120km/h, you're driving at 114km/h ? I'm doing the same (switching from Inscription 20" wheels for summer to T5 18" wheels in 235/60R18 for winter, so wondering what to do)
It's really not that dramatic a difference.

It's a 1.6% smaller diameter for the 19s vs the 21s which is my all-season size.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=275-40r21-235-55r19

So even at highway speeds, I'm only going a couple km/h less than what the speedo reads. Figure as long as I'm going slower, no need to recalibrate the speedo as I'm unlikely to get a speeding ticket. And if it encourages me to drive slower in the winter, all the better.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Smaller wheels won't fit the T8 huge rotors and calipers...
Even aftermarket 18" "replicas" didn't clear my T6 rotors ! Had to buy Volvo 18" take offs...
It's partially that, but it's also the extra weight of the T8. Some of the T6 wheels, like those 5 double-spoke matte black wheels that I love, are not rated for the T8's weight.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just had my winter wheels/tires installed today. Still feels early given temps this week are going to be in the mid teens (high 50s, low 60s for my American friends), but it is November and I don't really want to wait for the first snow.

I bought a set of Volvo OEM take-offs in the 19" size from a 2016 XC90 so it included TPMS which just worked perfectly with the car. No set up or recalibration required.

Got myself Nokian Hakka R2 in the OEM 235-55/19 size.

Came to about $2800 CAD all in incl. taxes and installation. Cheaper than any of the Volvo OEM packages offered by the dealerships. And this way I got the Nokian tires I really wanted (they're so quiet on the highway...amazing that these are winter tires!)

(Sorry, the car desperately needs to be washed...)
Nice! My wheels are coming too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
winterz

ended up going budget/economical on Tirerack.com -- 19" Avarus with Continental WinterContacts, ITM TPMS (ebay). $1500 USD

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Stock T8 19" has a load index of 105. T8 with 22" has a load index of 104. 104is the lowest that I have seen.
I thought 20"s are stander on T8s, wasn't aware of the 19" all seasons.
I know Volvo Canada has 19" winter packages, anyone knows the load index?

401 - 420 of 736 Posts