SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2019 V60 CC came with 19 inch wheels that are rated for summer only. I need to get some snowflake + M&S tyres for the upcoming winter but it seems that there is not a lot of choice. Do I need to be concerned with clearance for the callipers for the wheels? This was a major issue with my old STI.

Does anyone have recommendations for winter wheels and tyres for the V60 CC? I intend to drive it off road in winter and need to use chains if that has any bearing on things.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Read the manual.
2019 S60 says that: "Volvo recommends not using snow chains on wheel dimensions larger than 18 inches."

But CC may be different.

Krzys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the manual.
2019 S60 says that: "Volvo recommends not using snow chains on wheel dimensions larger than 18 inches."

But CC may be different.

Krzys
I think for Winter I would certainly get new wheels and do 18' instead of 19. Chains are mandatory for the roads I drive in winter to go skiing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I went with the Volvo OEM route and got the 18" rim/tire package from my dealer. My dealer specifically only uses Michelin X-Ice winter tires.

·
Registered
839 Posts
X-ice are very nice winter tires. Curious a V60 CC in Canada comes with summers or was it some sort of dealer installed thing? My S60 R-design with sport chassis came with all-seasons in the US. Of course I am sure they won't hold a candle to some X-ices...

·
Registered
196 Posts
X-ice are very nice winter tires. Curious a V60 CC in Canada comes with summers or was it some sort of dealer installed thing? My S60 R-design with sport chassis came with all-seasons in the US. Of course I am sure they won't hold a candle to some X-ices...
This is curious as my V60 R-design with sport chassis also came with the Pirelli all-seasons.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I love my Michelin X-Ice tires - the smoothest and quietest winter tires we have ever owned.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Chains are mandatory for the roads I drive in winter to go skiing.
Certainly not for AWD with quality winter tires they're not?! If you're driving on "roads" where chains are legitimately NEEDED even in that car with good winter tires then, to be honest, you sure as hell shouldn't be on those roads without a full winch and such.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Certainly not for AWD with quality winter tires they're not?! If you're driving on "roads" where chains are legitimately NEEDED even in that car with good winter tires then, to be honest, you sure as hell shouldn't be on those roads without a full winch and such.
I don't want to argue with you but yes they are 100% required for all vehicles. This is winter off-roading to Park trailheads. No winch is required or needed. fwd small cars get up most of these roads just fine with chains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts