SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a set of Gislaved Nord Frost-2's to the S70 on steel wheels and I am very impressed with them. I had never heard of them before seeing them in the Volvo accessories catalog. My VW has Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1's, which I am also very impressed with. Both tires are excellent at reducing latteral accelleration in snow. They produce more noise at highway speeds than the Michelin Arctic Alpins I've used. I still think the Alpin is an excellent tire. Both the Volvo and VW are FWD with traction control, and both get through the snow very well. I'd still prefer AWD. Just wondered if anyone else is using the Gislaved tires and what you thought of them.<P>

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the Gislaveds on my S40 and have used them on 850s and S70s. They are excellent. The reason they are so good is that they resist the cold very well and stay soft, which makes the tread make a good footprint in the snow/ice. If you put 4 of them on a car with front wheel drive and drive with some common sense, it will be unstoppable in the snow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts