SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm browsing over on the S40 and V50 forum, they have a winter photo thread! Got me wondering why we don't have one. I mean, we only sit 9 or so inches higher:D And after the recent blizzard in the east US, someone should be proud that their 90 made it through! I'll start!
Powder skiing at Moonlight Basin

(Taken from the XC90. I think it counts:D )

Off the mountain.

It's snowing!

Drying out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is all I've got from the first 2 hours of the blizzard. After this I was busy testing it out since its my first winter with it :D :D Just bought some Michelin Latitude's and it performed amazingly! I didn't even get a chance to take the Audis out of the garage :(

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're rim's a little full there! Did you get stuck sideways?

Sent from my igloo using a polar bear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not too much snow recently in Cincinnati, but I did get this nice photo the other day.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You're rim's a little full there! Did you get stuck sideways?

You would think so, but the snow was just that deep and fluffy. There was a bit of wheel spin so I'm sure that helped pack it in there, but not an incredible amount of sideways motion. It was a hell of a storm.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not too much snow recently in Cincinnati, but I did get this nice photo the other day.

Very nice! Is yours the one with the Chestnut Sovereign Hide interior?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

If there's only one, then I'm The one who has it… ;)

Are your wheels OEM or reps, and where did you buy them? I got blue Zack's on the 18s, I want to get a set of OEM or OE design 19 inch rims for my summer set.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If there's only one, then I'm The one who has it… ;)

Are your wheels OEM or reps, and where did you buy them? I got blue Zack's on the 18s, I want to get a set of OEM or OE design 19 inch rims for my summer set.
Mine are the OEM 19" Vulcanis. They came stock on the '07 V8 Sport. I just had them powder coated Matte Black with metallic flecks added. And then I ran it sideways into a 6" high sidewalk. I actually have some matte black spray paint that matched it almost perfectly. So this spring I'm getting a $215 reconditioned rim and getting it re-powder coated for $125. Expensive mistake.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I believe so. From what I can gather from other posts on here it was a 2008 only option and what I have seems to light up with the Chestnut interior.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I believe so. From what I can gather from other posts on here it was a 2008 only option and what I have seems to light up with the Chestnut interior.
My 2007 has Chestnut (and its white, with those same wheels), though mine has running boards. I thought white was rare, ever saw them in Chicagoland but see white ones regularly in Indy.

Tell me your A4 isn't silver with black interior--we had a 2005.5 2.0T 6M

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2007 has Chestnut (and its white, with those same wheels), though mine has running boards. I thought white was rare, ever saw them in Chicagoland but see white ones regularly in Indy.

Tell me your A4 isn't silver with black interior--we had a 2005.5 2.0T 6M
Nope, it's black with a tan interior. Almost a match!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's Bursting Blue Metallic.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
It is very tempting to get a new XC90 R-Design. Fight the urge every time I see one.
:saber:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Haha Chris, I know the feeling! If only I had 85k to drop on the T8 RD. But to keep the thread going...
I pulled these out of a video from a couple months ago. Just having some fun!❄

1 - 20 of 160 Posts