SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does the winter mode do? I know about the acceleration and higher revolutions, but what else does it engage? The manual only briefly touched on the subject. Mainly asking this because I managed to get stuck last night and the snow was up to my driver's side window. I tried to pull a guy out and the first tug pulled me into the ditch:angryfire: it didn't help that I started at the wrong angle for a good tug, but some more umph would be nice. And yes, my tires are adequate. Brand new dedicated snows. Maybe I can modify one of the systems it engages to give me more torque when I want it.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think it just starts off in 2nd or 3rd gear and maybe lowers the shift points. Probably not good for the tranny for everyday use.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, and why I only wanted it applicable to the button. Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy a bigger truck.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not saying the XC90 is a truck. I need to get something bigger than my Dodge Dakota. I live in an area where trucks with 6" lifts are more common than stock trucks. Maybe something with Dana 60 Axles :D

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I think it just starts off in 2nd or 3rd gear and maybe lowers the shift points. Probably not good for the tranny for everyday use.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk
It does not affect the shift points; it just starts the car in 3rd gear in order to minimize wheel spin when trapped in snow/deep mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts