SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm tired of looking at them on the shelf and want to put them on already, I have the Cfwerks winglets with a set of brackets but for the life of me I can't figure out how these brackets actually mount. Does anyone have a picture of them mounted so I can see the orientation of the bracket?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts

The bracket from Volvo looks like #19 in the above diagram. If you're going to bend your brackets, this is the shape you're going for.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah bending these without some serious help isn't happening, wonder if volvo sells those seperately.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OP - Have you considered contacting CF Werks for some assistance?
I assume the brackets you have pictured came with the winglets - no?

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just do what aldebaran said. I had to bend mine too. I used bench vice and pulled it by hand to get the bend I needed.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have I'm awaiting a response.

That helps a lot thanks.
Hi Psy,

The brackets we send with the winglets are meant to be straight, you will need to bend them in a vice, or bench table + hammer to the correct angle. Each bumper is slightly different due to sagging, or otherwise, so we leave it up to the customer to make the last bend to ensure fitment is perfect. They brackets are aluminum, so you will have no problems manipulating them with the right tools.

Any questions, let me know

Henry

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh ok then thanks for the reply.

Hi Psy,

The brackets we send with the winglets are meant to be straight, you will need to bend them in a vice, or bench table + hammer to the correct angle. Each bumper is slightly different due to sagging, or otherwise, so we leave it up to the customer to make the last bend to ensure fitment is perfect. They brackets are aluminum, so you will have no problems manipulating them with the right tools.

Any questions, let me know

Henry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts