SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Where do you fine folks purchase your wiper blades from? I'm new to Volvo (S60 - 2011) and would like to replace the wipers.
I've noticed that the Volvo wipers have a funky mechanism for installation of the wiper blade, which I like as it is a simple process to remove and reattach. Such that I didn't think that buying the wiper blades at the local auto supply store would suffice, so ordered online, got these: Rain-X Latitude driver wiper blade for a 2011 Volvo S60 (LA-26) from a online vendor called ezwipers. But the mechanism they came with for attaching to the car's wiper arms was just a big bulky/fiddly contraption.

Needless to say, these wiper blades didn't attach securely to the arms and hence I'm still looking for an alternative place to purchase from, or take a road trip to the dealer..

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got them at the dealer, since I needed a set quick. They are pricey, and not worth the price if you ask me. I'd be interested to know of a good alternative also.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I get BOSCH Icons on Amazon.
OEM Wipers are alright, but they are more expensive than BOSCH and are not better by any stretch.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is wiper replacement part of the 5-year (for me) safe and secure deal?? I thought that included everything.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Is wiper replacement part of the 5-year (for me) safe and secure deal?? I thought that included everything.
Volvo tends to change up the Safe + Secure Plans as the year goes on, but they do always offer the first couple oil changes. For example, when I purchased my 2015 V60RD in Sept 2014, they didn't have the Wear and Tear Coverage part of the S+S Plan, but when my wife got her 2016 XC60 in July 2015, she got Wear and Tear Coverage as part of her S+S Plan. So, it comes and goes throughout the year depending on the Promotions they are running; I did however have the Wear and Tear Coverage on my 2012 S60RD and it was great and never spent a penny on that car.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I get BOSCH Icons on Amazon.
OEM Wipers are alright, but they are more expensive than BOSCH and are not better by any stretch.
+1. You can also get them at most Auto Parts stores, and some will price match WalMart, which sells them for like $17 each.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I bought some that fit my C30 just fine a few years back at wipers123.com and a couple years back at ipdusa.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
Michelin ones from Costco work great for me. Been buying them there since my V50

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you call the Volvo customer service number on the Volvo website and give them the VIN number they will tell you if you have full safe & secure coverage. That's how I found out my 2010 model was covered for the year following my purchase date. Dealer never mentioned it. And yes, I got a free wiper replacement set during that year.

·
Registered
687 Posts
mine were covered under the safe & secure also ! but I'm out off warranty now.

I've been buying mine at the dealer & I've been happy with them ( the discount helps also lol )

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
To add a bit to the S&S comments:

Got my wipers replaced once under it, at 10K. After that no wear and tear coverage.

I bought wipers from a dealer a couple of times, when they had a good discount coupon. But the quality of the OEM wipers is just crap... at least for me, in my experience.
BOSCH Icons are not that much better, but with the right price on Amazon (or auto parts store) they are just cheaper. Significantly cheaper. And they last about the same (6 months) when OEM wipers go after 4-ish months.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm assuming you guys/gals replace the wiper blades, not just the rubber insert, am I correct? If replacing the wiper blades with non OEM make, does the Volvo attachment mechanism come with the new blades and it works fine?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm assuming you guys/gals replace the wiper blades, not just the rubber insert, am I correct? If replacing the wiper blades with non OEM make, does the Volvo attachment mechanism come with the new blades and it works fine?
BOSCH has an attachment that you have to put on the blade before it'll fit the car. But it comes with the blades.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you call the Volvo customer service number on the Volvo website and give them the VIN number they will tell you if you have full safe & secure coverage. That's how I found out my 2010 model was covered for the year following my purchase date. Dealer never mentioned it. And yes, I got a free wiper replacement set during that year.
My 2014 has had the wiper blades replaced twice so far under the 5/50,000 S&S (wear and tear) that I got. I gotta say, the blades they use aren't so great, but I'll keep getting them until my S&S runs out at 50k.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Michelin ones from Costco work great for me. Been buying them there since my V50
IMO best value... if for whatever reason they only last 6 months take them back and exchange them. I have run these on all of my vehicles for the last 5 years. Great value especially if you can find them on sale.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good info, thanks guys. BTW, the ezwipers online firm that I purchased my wiper blades from has refunded my money. So will purchase from Costco from now on. I was just concerned with the Volvo specific attachment mechanism of the blades, hence my effort with online vendors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts