SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time to use my wipers (torrential downpour in Aug who would have guessed?)<p>Anyhow should the driver's side wiper track all the way over and bump the windshield edge? Not sure if it is a Volvo quirk or if the car needs to go in to have the motor adjusted.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Windshield wiper tracking (inteller)

It shouldn't hit the windshield edge. Do you see any marks on the rubber gasket around the windshield indicating that is goes off the glass at all?<p>I doubt the motor has anythign to do with it. It's more likely that the entire wiper arm was removed and not put back on in the proper position.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: Windshield wiper tracking (T5 for Life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T5 for Life</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>I doubt the motor has anythign to do with it. It's more likely that the entire wiper arm was removed and not put back on in the proper position.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>x2 - or your wiper transmission could be broken..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: Windshield wiper tracking (AthruC)

I've had to adjust mine on two vehicles. Just unbolt it and move it a LITTLE bit...Just be very careful, the base is spring laoded.<p>Tim

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
maybe the centrifugal force from the blades on high moved them in the fitting. my Rain X Latitudes are no good in heavy rain for this reason. the blade slips out. had to pull over once and pull it back down.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (DGBibo)

ok off to dealer for warranty service then. I want them to read the SUM to verify 4C is working properly anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts