SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone check it out yet? It's in the manual pg 329 in the web edition.

In case you haven't discovered yet, the driver side windshield wiper can't be raised up (for cleaning or blade replacement) when in the parked position; the wiper arm hits the hood. Holding the wiper stalk up for a couple seconds while the ignition is in position 0 sends the wipers to their full upright position.

In the IT world, this is a hardware problem that was fixed with software.

Either way, it works!

-blankman

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone check it out yet? It's in the manual pg 329 in the web edition.

In case you haven't discovered yet, the driver side windshield wiper can't be raised up (for cleaning or blade replacement) when in the parked position; the wiper arm hits the hood. Holding the wiper stalk up for a couple seconds while the ignition is in position 0 sends the wipers to their full upright position.

In the IT world, this is a hardware problem that was fixed with software.

Either way, it works!

-blankman
Yup, I've wondered if this is because the wiper has to be sure to clean the electronics pack in the middle of the windshield. Compare the size of that pack, with all its sensors, camera and radar, to any other vehicle and you get an idea of what the wipers have to maintain.

Still, I like to clean the windshield under the wipers at the car wash -- and this is a little inconvenient.

Overall, not a huge problem (except you need to make sure you always replace the blades yourself) -- and I'm amazed that the interior design "works" even with this huge black plastic bulge in the middle of the windshield.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm quite sure this is the result of chasing centiliters off less petrol consumption. Having the hood going over the wipers makes the airflow better.

/Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts