1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-windshield-wiper-blade-set-oem-8k1998002a

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well you don’t get the first set replaced until you buy the second set and send the first in. If I understood the replacement concept correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are the "heated" ones "Volvo special"?
Or is the washer, etc.
I am not talking about the glass with micro wires inside when asking about "heated wipers".

·
Registered
907 Posts
Washers are heated not wipers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I hate that you have to use factory blades for the S90, never had this problem with any car I've ever owned. Maybe Volvo is exotic, but their little hook is just a slightly different size than anything else. I literally tried 4 different brands back in 2018, going in and out of a parts store while the guy laughed each time I came back in and wanted to try something else. Ended up eating it at the dealer service center.

Thanks for the FCPEuro tip though, I'm giving those a try next. I won't have this lease for much longer but I do want decent wipers for the upcoming seasons. The factory rubber wears out stupidly quick.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
And if it rains while you're waiting for the replacements??
Lol. Yeah. I misspoke! That situation would be bad. Read the post below for the correct explanation.

Well you don't get the first set replaced until you buy the second set and send the first in. If I understood the replacement concept correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate that you have to use factory blades for the S90, never had this problem with any car I've ever owned. Maybe Volvo is exotic, but their little hook is just a slightly different size than anything else. I literally tried 4 different brands back in 2018, going in and out of a parts store while the guy laughed each time I came back in and wanted to try something else. Ended up eating it at the dealer service center.

Thanks for the FCPEuro tip though, I'm giving those a try next. I won't have this lease for much longer but I do want decent wipers for the upcoming seasons. The factory rubber wears out stupidly quick.
The Valeo ones on FCPEuro are OEM replacements for most Audis (A, Q, S, and RS) so they are pretty nicely built with a tiny Valeo logo on the top-side end of the wipers. Quality-wise, I would put them right up with the OEM Wipers my Volvo came with (which I loved, btw but couldn't justify the $40+ price tag on them).

·
Registered
905 Posts
I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-windshield-wiper-blade-set-oem-8k1998002a
The replacements are free once you return the used blades - which will cost. So depending where you are and how you send them you might lose about $10.00 for each transaction.
Return something heavy - brake rotors = $$ = not so free anymore :(

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
The replacements are free once you return the used blades - which will cost. So depending where you are and how you send them you might lose about $10.00 for each transaction.
Return something heavy - brake rotors = $$ = not so free anymore :(
Yup. Correct logic. As long as the shipping is cheaper than part cost, it'll work! Or if you stay close to their office, you're in luck as one can physically drop-off parts to their shop.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks Volvolic. Got my Valeo Audi wipers today, right in time for some light drizzle after a drought. Fit like OEM, pretty darn close. The only issue is that the driver's side blade is about 2" shorter than factory, maybe shorter. Passenger's side seems to be ok. Function is perfect, they wipe like new.

Only thing that concerned me was FedEx dropkicking the box during shipping, it folded all the way through the box into the blade box itself. No damage to the parts though.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
Thanks Volvolic. Got my Valeo Audi wipers today, right in time for some light drizzle after a drought. Fit like OEM, pretty darn close. The only issue is that the driver's side blade is about 2" shorter than factory, maybe shorter. Passenger's side seems to be ok. Function is perfect, they wipe like new.

Only thing that concerned me was FedEx dropkicking the box during shipping, it folded all the way through the box into the blade box itself. No damage to the parts though.
Yes. Noticed the same. The driver's side wiper is a little small in length but cleans perfect none the less. Mine came in perfectly sealed in the tall cardboard box so can't comment on the shipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts