SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,<br> This problem appeared a couple days ago, and I really can't figure out what's going on. My windshield washer spray nozzles are not working, but my headlight washers are working properly. I've insured the resevoir is full, and still nothing. I disconnected the hose right before the nozzles and tried to spray again, nothing. I figured it was a clog in the hose line running to them, but when blowing into the tube, back to the resevoir the fluid bubbles up, indicating that the tube is free. Any ideas on what to try? If it's too complicated the car's going in for the squealing brakes and fuel lines later in the week so I could just do that. <p>Thanks!<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by makonyy15 at 2:54 PM 7-23-2006</i>

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Windshield Washer Sprayer Nozzles Not Working (makonyy15)

Any chance they are somehow being "pinched" when the hood is down? I had that happen on our Odyssey.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about that but I've tried them in every position, hood up and down, jiggled the lines around, everything, I'll keep looking. I thought it might have to do with when they took off my fenders when they did my fender vents but that was way back in April but they worked fine until just lately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Windshield Washer Sprayer Nozzles Not Working (makonyy15)

It could be 1 of 2 things. First I would check the fuses, I'm not sure if there is a fuse for the washer system but that could be blown. The 2nd and most likely cause is a shorted out pump. The washer system on our cars has 2 pumps on the resivor. 1 for the headlights and 1 for the windshield. It isn't uncommon to have one of them go. I'd say have the dealer look into it when the car is in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts