SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 XC 70 with about 40,000 miles and always garaged. Have been filling up the windshield reservoir quite a bit and have finally determined there is a leak. Fluid by RF tire and I can force a drip by moving plastic panels by bottom of front bumper. Any ideas? Looks like the tank is buried in the right front fender...how do you get access to inspect where the leak is coming from? Any chance of it just being the pump and is the pump on the bottom of the reservoir? Again, ideas on a plan of attack would be great...hate to go to the dealer on this as their work is quite sub par and very expensive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bummer. that seems premature! probably just a loose hose or clamp.

Cant speak of specific year, but would assume not too different from my 04. Yep, that tank/pump is buried down there. Bumper has to come off. Dont be discouraged though, I assure you, if I can do it, anyone can!

I dont have links handy, but if you google 'xc70 front bumper removal' there will be good step by step guidance. After a lil reading, it took me ten minutes to pull mine off! I tackled the task of replacing my headlight assemblies.

Hopefully it ll be a simple cheap fix.

Have a second car available too, if you are able, in case ya gotta get parts.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
It's very possible that it's just a cracked T fitting or split hose, or even just that a hose popped off. Even if it's a cracked or punctured tank, they're not super hard to swap and shouldn't be too expensive. Start by removing the bumper cover, they made it pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's very possible that it's just a cracked T fitting or split hose, or even just that a hose popped off. Even if it's a cracked or punctured tank, they're not super hard to swap and shouldn't be too expensive. Start by removing the bumper cover, they made it pretty easy to do.
It was a crack through the body of the pump. With the bumper cover off it wasn't too bad. Took Volvo over a week to get the part...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts