SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a long shot, but have any SPA V60 owners investigated windshield sun shades for their cars? I found the official Volvo part, #31659984, but couldn't find it for sale anywhere. The main issue is that sites selling custom fit shades don't have specs for V60s, only S60s. I'm tempted to order an S60 shade–can anyone think of any ways the windshield specs might differ between the sedan and wagon? Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ironically I was searching a few days ago. The S60 and V60 share the same part number so I’m assuming the shape is identical. Based on the photos and description, I’m pretty sure Covercraft is the manufacturer for it so if you don't care about lack of Volvo branding you should be able to order directly from them (Covercraft UVS100 - $66).I had one for my S70 for many years and it worked great.

·
Registered
226 Posts
+1 on Covercraft. That’s the first item I buy when getting a new car. Great quality and car specific fit.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The Covercraft that I own for my XC90 fits my S60 perfectly as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
5% tint on all windows and 50% on windshield for all my cars = no reason for sunshade :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
5% tint on all windows and 50% on windshield for all my cars = no reason for sunshade :)
Keep in mind that percentage doesn’t really matter in terms of heat and protection, it’s the type of film used what matters. And even with all windows/windshield tinted on highest quality, best heat rejecting film, I’m sure that you would change your mind about sunshades after spending just a week in our beautiful Phoenix summer. You wouldn’t be able to even grab the wheel when you get off work after the car has been sitting under the sun for a few hours.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone with the Covercraft shade speak to what this review on the site showed about how they fit? I know a few gaps around the edges isn’t the end of the world, but I wanted to double check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts