SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an adjustment that I can make or should I take it back to Safelite or to Volvo dealership?

I tried the HUD display adjustment and moving the display or changing the brightness had no effect.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I always insist the dealer host the replacements (via 3rd party or whatever) so they shoulder the responsibility of this.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I recently had my windshield replaced (comprehensive insurance claim due to a thrown stone). It is necessary to have the dealer recalibrate the relevant systems after a replacement. My insurance carrier reimbursed me for this. Also, make sure that your new windshield has all of the required cutouts for City Safety, rain sensor, etc.

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Did you request Safelite to use OEM windshield? Seems the reflection film for HUD is not there so it is blurry or double reflection.

If it is OEM windshield for HUD, then let dealer try to recalibrate. Should be covered by insurance.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out that they did use a Volvo windshield but one that is not compatible with HUD. They're replacing tomorrow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the windshield replaced this week at Volvo dealer. The HUD display is now a double image on the new glass. I attempted the calibration but it is a double image does not change, just rotates. Anyone have this issue after glass replacement and know of a correction I can make to fix this?

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
I had the windshield replaced this week at Volvo dealer. The HUD display is now a double image on the new glass. I attempted the calibration but it is a double image does not change, just rotates. Anyone have this issue after glass replacement and know of a correction I can make to fix this?
Hold your cell phone facing the HUD area of windshield, if you see same double image in reflection, then the glass doesn't have the polarized film for HUD. They should replace with the right glass.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hold your cell phone facing the HUD area of windshield, if you see same double image in reflection, then the glass doesn't have the polarized film for HUD. They should replace with the right glass.
Thanks. Tried it and have the same double image. I’ll call Volvo and get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks. Tried it and have the same double image. ...
Any chance you can take a photo showing the double image and post it here? I'll make a print of that image and carry it in the car. If (when) a new windshield is needed I can show the installers what it will look like if they use a windshield without the polarizer. I can then easily say, "i told you so," if they do it wrong.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any chance you can take a photo showing the double image and post it here? I'll make a print of that image and carry it in the car. If (when) a new windshield is needed I can show the installers what it will look like if they use a windshield without the polarizer. I can then easily say, "i told you so," if they do it wrong.
Here’s a photo. Finally had time recently to take it back to Volvo and they are ordering a new windshield. Part number that they installed is only on the box, not on the windshield so they cannot verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts