SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I had a cracked windshield & went to the dealer for replacement to make sure I got the correct glass. There are multiple part number options for the various electronic features such as city safety & the various technology package features/distance maintaining cruise control, etc & also for the heated windshield. That replacement cost almost $1400 which was paid for by my insurance carrier minus my $500 deductible.

Recently, I noticed some slight water coming in by the rear view mirror & the black box full of electronic sensors. It happened 2x during a hard rain. I guess that the wind needs to be blowing in a certain direction for it to leak.

This week I took it to the dealer to have it checked, along with a Warning/Check Airbag message that came on.

The dealer again replaced the windshield & I picked up the car this afternoon. I am working on memory, but this windshield seems to look different ("cheaper").
My thought is that

1-The tint seems lighter or non-existent
2-I do not see what I seem to remember as that black perforated edging around most of the windshield & around the electronic module
3-I do not see the heated windshield elements

I just called the dealer & explained my concern.
They said that it is the correct part number, meaning it is heated & designed for all of the electronic options (platinum, technology package, etc) & said that Volvo has redesigned the windshield to make the heating elements smaller & less noticeable. But to me, it just looks "cheap".

Does anyone know anything about this supposed re-design (I have a 2015.5 R-Design)?
Is there an up close photo &/specs for the windshield anywhere that I could check to verify that I do in fact have the correct one?
I guess if all of the electronic features work, I don't have anything to gripe about but it sure seems to look different than the one pictured in my memory.
Thanks,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, With regard to the Airbag Warning, the dealer installed a software upgrade!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
1. I'm not sure in the US but in Canada none of the 14+ windshields come with any tint on the front. But that might be YMMV.

2. I'll have to check mine I can't recall if it is "perforated" or not.

3. Not sure about the less noticeable element. I had my windshield replaced in April (heated) and you can definitely notice the difference. I highly doubt they changed the part from 2015 to 2015.5 and I know when they ordered mine there was only 1 part number for the heated windshield. Unless they've changed the manufacturer or something.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Could you check where it's been made (lower right corner)? I got mine (in 2016 European version) made in the Czech Republic when my friend who owns 2015.5 has one made in Germany.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Could you check where it's been made (lower right corner)? I got mine (in 2016 European version) made in the Czech Republic when my friend who owns 2015.5 has one made in Germany.
I will check this evening.

Forgot to mention that the only "perforated" marks on my windshield are along the top and bottom. Maybe 2.5-4cm's worth. Not a lot.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I can confirm mine is from the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So that's probably the reason - Volvo has changed the supplier and the design is a bit different. You've just got a newest version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts