SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly sure what this is called really... But mine is deteriorating and I need a new one. Is it even available it made anymore, or am I better off getting from a pick a part. And how ready or hard is it to replace?? It's the rubber trim that goes along the sides of the windshield... Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Auto part Rim Tire Material property Architecture Automotive wheel system Rim Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Tire Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Rim Auto part Wheel

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The lower pieces are still available. The pieces along the sides are part of the painted trim piece. I believe, NLA. Finding good used ones are a challenge, especially for an S60 or V70 w/o roof bars, since they are all one piece and easily damaged.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lower pieces are still available. The pieces along the sides are part of the painted trim piece. I believe, NLA. Finding good used ones are a challenge, especially for an S60 or V70 w/o roof bars, since they are all one piece and easily damaged.
I figured it might be a hard to find item in good condition. I'm thinking that here in So Cal it maybe even more difficult due to cars that may sit in the heat day after day and year after year. Mine doesn't actually most days. The passenger side one is in pretty good condition actually. Both sides of the lower piece need replacing though. Good to know those are still available. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
Reach out to dougy and post his reply (or maybe he can) here. He found a solution for his SR. The sides are for sure part of the painted trim and NLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reach out to dougy and post his reply (or maybe he can) here. He found a solution for his SR. The sides are for sure part of the painted trim and NLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great, thank you! I will do that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Happens to them all...I took mine off. Sliced the crusted rubber crap off. Sanded, primered and painted and clearcoated. Replaced clips and rubber thingy's at the bottom of the windshield strips..Also painted the clips that the moulding attaches to (the ones next to the windshield glass) so they weren't as visible..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happens to them all...I took mine off. Sliced the crusted rubber crap off. Sanded, primered and painted and clearcoated. Replaced clips and rubber thingy's at the bottom of the windshield strips..Also painted the clips that the moulding attaches to (the ones next to the windshield glass) so they weren't as visible..
Do you have any photos of this?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ugh, mine look the same. Those bottom corners are available at FCP for around $8.50 each. I was thinking of getting those this week along with the right wiper bolt cover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts