SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tracking down a rain leak I have come to the windshield cowl, the black plastic piece at the bottom of the windshield. There are two grated drains and the big ventilation opening. I believe the drains should have tubes that connect from the cowl itself to the drain that runs through the body to the underside of the car.

On my car I can see through the grated opening and noticed that there is no tube connecting to the drain through the body. I think the drain tunes got misplaced when I had my windshield replaced last fall. When I look into the grated drain hole I can see the chassis of the car and a black tube that runs down to the underside, the area around the hole is body colored and some wires and stuff visible.

I think the water is dripping down onto the chassis and through the dash rather than running down a connecting tube and down through the drain.

Can somebody please go outside and look at your car's grated drain opening in the cowl, shine a light down there and see if you can see the chassis or if there is a connecting drain tube?

Here is a pic that kinda shows what I am referring to, see how you can see the gold chassis paint, I think it should be enclosed plastic tube that connects to the lower drain tube:

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, answered my own question with Google.

YES there are supposed to be drain tubes there, the stupid Safelite tech never put them back in and it's been leaking ever since! What crap.

Items #5 and #6, cowl drain tubes.

Just ordered them and will have the resolved finally.

Thanks anyways guys, maybe this will help somebody else in the future, doubt anybody would have the same bad luck as me though.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
oh damn that sucks, maybe you should let them know and maybe get compensated for the inconvenience

i noticed I may be missing some pieces too
#7 on both sides, explains why my fog lights light up the ground from behind, but I cant justify the $70 to get replacement plastic

hope your problem is finally solved !

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will put a call into Safelite, not expecting to be refunded but I will let them know anyhow. I am 100% confident this will rectify my leaking problem.

Re: those other plastic parts, I don't have a single piece of those pictured in your post. I don't think I had the foglight panels or whatever when I bought it and the rest was removed piece by piece for various mods( FMIC, aux trans cooler, etc...) and convenience, who wants to drop the skid plate every 5,000 miles....

:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts