SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,<p>do you guys also have problem with small hits in your windscreen...<p>Sometimes insurance is paying back the reparation of your windscreen but I called a guy from the shop and he told me that they cannot repair the windscreen when there are more than 3 hits and when they are in the view of the driver.<p>The guy said better to replace the whole windscreen ???<p>What do you guys think ? I have about 5 to 6 small hits but not really big. Do you think I should let them replace my whole windscreen...<p>DO you guys have the same issue...<p>Thanks,<br>JOA<p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Windscreen (jsalien)

I never heard that, just repair the chips.<br>If the repair is good enough and the residue don't bother you (leaves small dots in the glass) go ahead<br>JRL

·
Registered
1 Posts

JOA,<p>Sounds like the efficient Swiss laws at work !! I am in the process of replacing mine after it took a bunch of rocks this winter. Was told by Safelite glass in the USA the cost for the OEM Volvo glass was actually cheaper than aftermarket glass and would run $272.65 to replace the windshield with Volvo glass.<br>As JRL suggested if the epoxy residue doesn't bother you repair is a viable option although the cost to fix 5-6 small hits may end up being close to the cost of a new one !<p>Good luck !<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Windscreen (caR fanatic)

Someone told you the wrong thing.<br>Volvo glass is about TWICE the amount of aftermarket glass and believe me I have replaced several and continue to price them<br>JRL

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Windscreen (Hi Alt R)

Safelite for ME, wholesale is around $450 for OEM glass, aftermarker is about $200 for Volvo

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: Windscreen (JRL)

JRL, do you find the aftermarket glass to be any more <b>durable</b> that the Volvo stuff??? I have a few small nicks in mine already and remember a recent thread where ppl complained about the Volvo glass being "softer" than other types. What is your experience???

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts

It is softer than other glass and it is softer the Pilkington glass of the 850.<p>I have clear bras on mine and the glass has a few annoying chips. They actually make a 3M film now for windshield glass.<p>Old glass was better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts