1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cool beans - glad one of us got it.... :)
Screamin’ deal.. I noticed on the window sticker from my car when it was new (2013), that the MSRP was $550!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Screamin’ deal.. I noticed on the window sticker from my car when it was new (2013), that the MSRP was $550!
Ouch - that would have been a negotiating item if I had purchased new.. ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mine was invoiced at $515 for my ‘13, but I got a 20% discount for 3 accessories so slightly less painful.

BD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
948 Posts
Cool beans - glad one of us got it.... :)
Well, we’ll see if it was too good to be true. Giving the seller the benefit of the doubt for now — when I pinged on Friday about the tracking number, I got a reply saying s/he was sorry but had a death in the family and arrangements were consuming her/his time, would get it in a few hours. Monday mid-morning finally saw a USPS tracking number posted, but no further movement since then (USPS Tracker shows number was created, but as of a few minutes ago still awaiting item to be brought to a USPS facility).

Original estimated arrival date upon purchase was today. Pinged seller again last night — offered condolences, not trying to be a DB — and I suggested USPS site is really behind in its status. Hoping that’s the nudge to get it shipped. Otherwise, back to PayPal for the refund....

BD

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've had USPS packages arrive at my door before their website shows them as shipped on many occasions - hope this one works out for you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, we’ll see if it was too good to be true. Giving the seller the benefit of the doubt for now — when I pinged on Friday about the tracking number, I got a reply saying s/he was sorry but had a death in the family and arrangements were consuming her/his time, would get it in a few hours. Monday mid-morning finally saw a USPS tracking number posted, but no further movement since then (USPS Tracker shows number was created, but as of a few minutes ago still awaiting item to be brought to a USPS facility).

Original estimated arrival date upon purchase was today. Pinged seller again last night — offered condolences, not trying to be a DB — and I suggested USPS site is really behind in its status. Hoping that’s the nudge to get it shipped. Otherwise, back to PayPal for the refund....

BD

Ouch -- sorry man.. sure seemed like a good deal -- I hope the seller comes through and is not just feeding BS.. I would think the shipping number is a good sign - since you have to pay for that prior to them giving you one.. time will tell I suppose..

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ouch -- sorry man.. sure seemed like a good deal -- I hope the seller comes through and is not just feeding BS.. I would think the shipping number is a good sign - since you have to pay for that prior to them giving you one.. time will tell I suppose..
Yeah, I’m not going to lose too much sleep over it if it turns out to be a scam. PayPal will refund my money if I never get it.

Sysyphus may well be right, and I’m really not in any rush to get it. DW can always take mine if she feels her hair is blowing around too much. (She usually keeps the windows up so not an issue, really. I just don’t like the aesthetics of top down/windows up so I drop all of mine unless I’m on the freeway.)

Today’s update from the seller was, “Sorry, the label for that tracking number couldn’t be read by their machines so I had to get another tracking number. The correct one is xxx...” Both numbers show in USPS as being established near the same time, so believable. But neither one shows as being shipped yet. As you said, time will tell!

—EDIT/UPDATE —

Well, it looks like my nudge did the trick. Package brought to the post office last night, now en route. Should be here tomorrow.

BD

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'll sell you mine. I never really used it in my 2013 C70 that I sold when I got the XC40. Message me if interested.
Ha! Figures you’d be nearby — I don’t know why I never saw any of your previous posts, especially the cover. Think I’m good on the windblocker now, but if you have other goodies still around, I may help clean some space for you. Thanks!

BD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ha! Figures you’d be nearby — I don’t know why I never saw any of your previous posts, especially the cover. Think I’m good on the windblocker now, but if you have other goodies still around, I may help clean some space for you. Thanks!
All I have left behind are the cover, the windscreen and lots of great memories!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah, I’m not going to lose too much sleep over it if it turns out to be a scam. PayPal will refund my money if I never get it.

Sysyphus may well be right, and I’m really not in any rush to get it.
It’s here! Again, many thanks to Mr. Glass.

Wow. This one is as good as the photos. Only a few minor nicks in the upright frame, mesh is pristine. Zipper on bag is stiff, probably from lack of use!

For those still looking for a good one, shoot a message to NowImHookedOnVolvo. Sounds like hers is top notch also.

BD

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It’s here! Again, many thanks to Mr. Glass.

Wow. This one is as good as the photos. Only a few minor nicks in the upright frame, mesh is pristine. Zipper on bag is stiff, probably from lack of use!

For those still looking for a good one, shoot a message to NowImHookedOnVolvo. Sounds like hers is top notch also.

BD

Glad to hear it worked out good.. I am always hesitant to mention finds in fear of them turning into a chicken noodle soup sandwich (all messed up).. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good to hear you got it!

Warning, though!! Do NOT pick the cover up by the zipper handle! These handles are all plastic; there is no metal handle under that plastic. Mine tore off very easily.

Drive laughing!! :D

Tedders

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good to hear you got it!

Warning, though!! Do NOT pick the cover up by the zipper handle! These handles are all plastic; there is no metal handle under that plastic. Mine tore off very easily.

Drive laughing!! :D

Tedders
Sorry that happened to yours. Yeah, they are fragile. Fortunately I took good care of my other one so I knew how to handle this one as well (the zippers do need a quick treatment with a crayon/paraffin wax, though ).

BD

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can these be left installed with the hardtop going up and down. Afraid to try but first ride with it was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Can these be left installed with the hardtop going up and down. Afraid to try but first ride with it was a pleasant surprise.
Absolutely. I leave mine installed in the ‘13, then just fold down the vertical section. When I want to go topless, I just reach back and flip it back up. Plenty of clearance to do so even with the roof up, and no interference whatsoever as the roof is opening/closing.

BD

2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P* (1994 854T FWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD, & 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD RIP)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts