SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I somehow accidentally modded my car... I guess.... :facepalm:

Here's how it works: I tap (tap) the unlock button or yellow lights button and just my rear windows roll down, every damn time. This is not like the -hold unlock button for ~5 seconds and all windows roll down-

I have no idea how this is being managed, it seems like a possible cross in the system. :confused:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
prob something with the remote button getting stuck bc the way it works, at least on my s40, is the rear windows roll down first then keep holding and they all go down. something like that.
Really? For me it just rolls down all of the windows, or at least it did. Now on a quick, smiple tap, just the rears roll down.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is your battery old?? If it's on it's way out will cause that to happen {low voltage} Also you can reset the windows by holding the up button on the window for two seconds once they're rolled up.I'm pretty sure is the battery. I just did mine and solved the same issue.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing that I can see, and the buttons seem to function well. Yes all four still go down if I like. That is possible Silver, I just realized I've had to get closer and closer to the car to unlock it.

What will reseting the window do? Is it so that the window and refind where the top and bottom points are?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Is it so that the window and refind where the top and bottom points are?[/QUOTE said:
Shouldn't be that... They'll keep rollin and rollin till they encounter too much resistance. Keeps from smashing your kids fingers.
I am unsure what "resetting" the windows does, or even really what he's talking about.

Edit: hmm, that was supposed to quote the line, "is it so the window 're-learns'..." But the quote didn't show up for me. Even though the code is there...

·
Registered
148 Posts
for your information {boot} is called re-initializing your windows and usually you can do it yourself by doing what I mention before. Sometimes if you're not able to get it done yourself you have to bring it in and the dealer would do it for you. {It's not that expensive I had it done} The battery I was talking about was your vehicle battery, not your fob battery. When mine was starting to go weak I had this happened to me quite often because of the low voltage .Once I replaced the car battery and had the windows re-initialized it was solved.Good luck!!

Just so you know, when your Fob battery goes low you will get a message that tells you "replace remote battery" when you stick your Fob in the ignition.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just so you know, when your Fob battery goes low you will get a message that tells you "replace remote battery" when you stick your Fob in the ignition.
Oh nice good to know.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Silver, so what are the symptoms that lead to someone needing to re-initialize the windows? Only what the OP mentioned?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Good View

I should Add that Function to My Key chain so I able to get a Clean View : ( Voice Command - Windows Down ! )

Just so I can get a Good Shot : :D

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Keeps from smashing your kids fingers.
Are you suggesting you've never tested this out with your own fingers? ;)

Yep, and then you'll have a dumb moment and create a thread asking what the remote battery is: thinking it's a battery in a remote location, not a remote control battery.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's one of the symptoms. Also if your windows won't open or close fully you may have to have them re-initialized.Good luck!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts