SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas

Lemme start by saying I can remove an engine but not mess with a computer. I used to have Windows 7 Pro and Vida 2014b and everything was fine. My friend went ahead and got the computer upgraded to Windows 10. Well now Vida doesnt work. When I start the computer, I get this error

Then when I go to start Vida, I get this

I have no clue what to do. I was reading I can setup a different login to this computer with Windows 7 but I dont really want to waste 70gb as college is right around the corner. What the hell should I do? I can grab any info you fellas need from the computer

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try just http://localhost/ to see if there is another web server running (port 80).
I do that and I get the same screen. I follow that one screens instructions and found out that port 80 belongs to the system, something about kernel

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It says PID4 is being used by NT Kernel & System which is port 80. How can I change the port that the system or VIDA use

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Do you have the Windows "Internet Information Services" component installed? Go into the classic control panel, then "Programs and Features", then on the left "Turn Windows features on or off". In the popup window, it should be the fourth one, deselect it.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help fellas. I did cut off that "Internet Info Services" which did the trick. But now there is an X where the DICE box should be, might be another problem, Ill hav to test it on the car and go from there

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Try uninstalling, reboot and reinstalling, now that IIS is off. It could have interfered with the original install setup.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may try a reinstall but before I do that, can you guys figure out whats going on now? DICE box doesnt show and it failed to load the software part, as shown in picture 2. I cant do anything on vida, need to so a sum cal as I an changing springs tomorow.

Can you fellas point me in a direction or should I just reinstall? Im worried it'l be the same after a reinstall..

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump

·
Registered
664 Posts
VIDA 2013 WORKS OK WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO AND HOME VERSIONS.:thumbup:

At first I had a number of problems after the simple "keep every thing" Install. Something on my system was giving VIDA problems.

After doing a complete clean install with Windows 10 pro VIDA started with no special actions on my 64 BIT desk top.

After doing the same on my 64bit lap top with Windows 10 HOME edition I was surprised that VIDA also works perfect with it.

The full install takes a lot of time to reload all you applications but in the end it was worth it. (Only thing I cant check is a 32 bit install.)

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might try compatibility mode in Internet explorer. It could help a bunch. Or find iexplore.exe and try running as administrator

·
Registered
438 Posts
I will explore this some more in a week on my surface pro 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts