SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Has any one put 50 percent window tints on their s60 and how does it look inside out at night
I had 35% on sides and rear of my S60 T5. On my R I now have 30% front sides, and 20% rear sides and rear.
Both cars you can see out just fine at night. The auto-dimming rear view mirror also dims a little less to compensate (as you would expect).

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
50% is super light in the tint world. I wouldn't worry about it hampering your vision at all.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I have 20% all around and can see fine at night, except on pitch black back roads the side windows don't see much but I think that's normal for nighttime.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have 50 percent on my fronts because that's the darkest we are allowed by law in Ohio, and you can barely notice it.
On the rears I have 30 percent and its perfect. (In Ohio the rear can be tinted as dark as you like)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Has any one put 50 percent window tints on their s60 and how does it look inside out at night
I have 50%, it looks fine at night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depends on the color of your car. My 05 t5 is white and I went with 15% all around. It's really dark but I don't have a problem seeing out. Lighter cars look great with heavy tint and it really brings out the lines of the body. Looks aggressive and in my opinion gives great curb appeal. I have 18" black mk111 by mkw with machine finish and it goes great with the black tint. Any dark color besides black I would go a bit lighter but nothing less than 25%.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is Solargard 20%. As you can see its pretty dark... I like the windows to look dark with a white car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This one is 3M 20% on my R. Come to think of it. 20% looks pretty good on everything...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts