SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the windows tinted on my S60 pretty soon, but noticed that the windows on the car say "Transp. 70% min". Does this mean that the car comes with 70% tint? I know that 70% tint is very minor and is the legal limit here in RI . However I am going to put 30% on like I had on my S80. I just wanted to know for sure if this means it already has 70% or not, so I don't go more than 30% when I get it done. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Our S60 indicates the same thing and the windows are NOT tinted. Our XC60 which has the rear windows factory tinted also indicates the same 70% on the front windows but we had them tinted shortly after we bought it. I suggest looking at Rayno tint.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ask at the tint shop. They should be able to measure the light transmittance on the OEM windows and make a recommendation as to what your VLT will be for various levels of tint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe it means that the glass lets through at least 70% light as standard. So would be a maximum of 30% tinted already from factory. All factory windows have a small amount of tint in them already.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
All cars come from the factory with a certain percentage of tint (70 - 80%). i.e. they allow 70-80 % of visible light in.
The question is when the installer says they will put in a 30% tint is that the number associated with the film or is it the final number (i.e. film x factory)?
This is something to ask the installer. They might say it always refers to the film and is on top of factory tint (most probably what it is).
BTW, I have a 25% tint and I think it's a bit too dark for night driving. 30-35% would be ideal for me. It does look sharp though :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All cars come from the factory with a certain percentage of tint (70 - 80%). i.e. they allow 70-80 % of visible light in.
The question is when the installer says they will put in a 30% tint is that the number associated with the film or is it the final number (i.e. film x factory)?
This is something to ask the installer. They might say it always refers to the film and is on top of factory tint (most probably what it is).
BTW, I have a 25% tint and I think it's a bit too dark for night driving. 30-35% would be ideal for me. It does look sharp though :)
Yeah I went with 30% on my S80 and it was perfect for me, I wouldn't go any darker. With my S60 being white I'm not sure if I should do 30% since it'll be more noticeable to cops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts