SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my windows tinted last week...on a couple windows there are a number of tiny (pencil point size) imperfections which I assume are little bubbles. They are not noticeable unless you are up close, and certainly don't interfere with vision while driving. My question: is some bubbling like this inevitable, or should I expect absolutely ZERO bubbles anywhere? I don't want the hassle of taking it back and waiting for it if this minor bubbling is just the way it is.<p>TIA

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: window tint: is any bubbling normal? (kenschel)

Most really good tint jobs should only have minor bubbling. For the most part this occurs around defroster lines and dots. The tinting on the flat portions of the glass should be pretty much flawless from the start...<p>That being said, different films and applications will cure differently and some bubbling will clear up over 30 days or so....<p>If you want to post a picture of the affected area, I can advise...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: window tint: is any bubbling normal? (dugums)

Here in Las Vegas almost every car that you see has the rear and side glass tinted. That being said, I have never had any problem with bubbling at all, not even with the defroster grid or the antennas on the side glass of my XC. I wouldn't stand for bubbling of any kind. I just called my favorite tint place and they told me that bubbling usualy happens from lack of preparation, specifically not cleaning the glass sufficiently, and then they really have to work all the air out after application to the glass with those little plastic finger squeegees (?) that are only a few inches wide.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
exactly. <p>simply put, a job well done will show NO noticeable bubbling.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Your big problem is that you are in a cold region and you waited till the cold part of the year to get your windows tinted. Tinting usually turns out best in warmer weather and to be warmer for a few days or a week after teh tinting takes place. When I had mine done I had minor bubbling and it was gone within a week.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Re: (Cementups)

Those bubbles could be the accumulation of condensation between the film and glass. I had the same thing but after a week or so the condensation evaporated and everything was smooth. If the bubbles are still there, you should take it back. A good shop will replace it for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts