SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a good tint shop in the Boston area?
Had it on the prior car and loved it - the Volvo needs it.

I heard Tint King in Billerica is good - anyone used them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you drive out to West Springfield I just got mine completely done to legal limit with good 3M stuff for $150 and the guys are pros, Mr. Tint... great stuff. It's a bit of a drive for you, but it's a quality place and relatively inexpensive haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
No problem... I go to school out in North Andover, so I know the hike down the Mass Pike to western MA may sound daunting for something like tint, but supposedly they can do it in about an hour and a half (i just dropped my car off and picked it up after work so i'm not sure) and if everything out by Beantown is way more expensive maybe it'd be worth the trip... good luck with your tint!

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: (titaniumR)

I had a place down south do mine. I have Huper Optik 30% Ceramic tint. Great tint! I don't have the url with me as it's at work. I'll post up when I'm there.

Cost on my wagon was $300. Expensive, yes but well worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Window tint in Boston area (Stratton)

Quote, originally posted by Stratton »
I've used Tint King 3 times over the past few years and have been very happy w/their work. They did a great job on my V70R.

Excellent - sounds like Tint King that would be a good start.
Do you happen to have a pic of your car?
Did you use 50% or 35%?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Window tint in Boston area (FastWgn)

I used Tint King last May for my TiG V70R - went 35% all the way 'round (except the windshield) and it looks fantastic. They did such a good job, in fact, that I used them a few days ago to have the same thing done to the 2000 S4 I just picked up. Cost about $270 for the Volvo, as I recall.

Brian is great and takes the time to do the job right.

Good luck.

-Randomdude

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Window tint in Boston area (Randomdude)

Quote, originally posted by Randomdude »
I used Tint King last May for my TiG V70R - went 35% all the way 'round (except the windshield) and it looks fantastic. They did such a good job, in fact, that I used them a few days ago to have the same thing done to the 2000 S4 I just picked up. Cost about $270 for the Volvo, as I recall.

Brian is great and takes the time to do the job right.

Good luck.

-Randomdude

Sounds like I have found my place! Thnak you.

·
Registered
234 Posts

one of the side windows in the cargo area has the antena on the window (i think that's what it is) how does tint king deal with that, any issues with it interfering with the reception? thx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Window tint in Boston area (row)

Quote, originally posted by row »
one of the side windows in the cargo area has the antena on the window (i think that's what it is) how does tint king deal with that, any issues with it interfering with the reception? thx

I haven't noticed any difference in radio or cellphone reception with the tint. It must be the kind that doesn't interfere. I didn't ask at the time because Brian came highly recommended, and I was majorly sleep-deprived from the birth of my daughter mere days before. I just trusted his expertise and haven't had any issues. But if I do, he offers a lifetime guarantee on the tint/installation.

If anybody does get tint at Tint King, please take Brian for a 5-10 minute drive, if you can. For some reason he seems to feel my (new-to-me) 2000 S4 is in a different league than the R.

-Randomdude

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote, originally posted by Randomdude »

If anybody does get tint at Tint King, please take Brian for a 5-10 minute drive, if you can. For some reason he seems to feel my (new-to-me) 2000 S4 is in a different league than the R.

-Randomdude

I'll make sure to do so. Spoke to Brian Friday and will likely stop by next weekend.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: (titaniumR)

The last time I used Mr.Tint in W.Springfield Mass. was with my wifes brand new 2004 S40. The 3M tint was good quality for the $150 spent, but the install was not. I had the tint replaced 3 times due to haziness,fingerprints,smudge marks, and a hair between the tint and the glass. And they really hacked the rubber weather stripping around the outside of the back window when cutting the tint. I would not let them touch a $40,000 Volvo S60/V70 R

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmm... that's odd, my job was fantastic, and I know a lot of other people that have used them with great results too... maybe you just had a bad experience... and they also have lifetime warrantees of free replacement against most of the stuff you listed, did you confront them about it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Window tint in Boston area (FastWgn)

Quote, originally posted by FastWgn »

I'll make sure to do so. Spoke to Brian Friday and will likely stop by next weekend.

So d'ja get the tint? Was there time for a ride to impress upon Brian the quality of R cars?

-Randomdude

1 - 20 of 23 Posts