SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to have the car tinted, but the car has the side window blinds installed. In order to get a better looking tint, I was hoping to remove the blinds. I do have the installation instruction and it seems like they attach using doublesided tape and some kind of hooking mechanism under the door side.
Has anyone removed the blinds succesfully?

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: 15 hours later - no one knows how to do this?...

Modified by FastWgn at 6:15 AM 6-3-2006

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Window tint follow-up/removal of side door sunblinds... (FastWgn)

One car I had came with them, they rip out quite easily.
A real good (careful but strong) pull should do it

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: Window tint follow-up/removal of side door sunblinds... (FastWgn)

I installed mine without removing the backing on the double-sided tape and they pop in and out at will and stay in place without the tape.

Worst case pull the door panels. Takes all of 5 minutes per door. And as JRL said no tint installer is going to be stumbled by them.

I would leave them installed. I have legal tint on my rear windows but with the shades it is much darker and they aren't even visible from the outside. If I were ever to get challenged I could simply retract them and avoid the ticket or beat it in court.

No worries and effectively darker than legal tint on the back.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Window tint follow-up/removal of side door sunblinds... (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
One car I had came with them, they rip out quite easily.
A real good (careful but strong) pull should do it

OK - I'll give it a try. Good thought on the decent installer knowing how to remove them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Window tint follow-up/removal of side door sunblinds... (StaggRLee)

Quote, originally posted by StaggRLee »
I installed mine without removing the backing on the double-sided tape and they pop in and out at will and stay in place without the tape.

Worst case pull the door panels. Takes all of 5 minutes per door. And as JRL said no tint installer is going to be stumbled by them.

sadly enough the blinds were installed by the first owner, and it feels like th tape is sticking. That said, the tape didn;t really concern me, the "hook" going under the door side does.

Pulling the door panels is of course always an option. Any tech write-up or special fastener removal tool I need for that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts