SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last question I promise....see below posts. Anyway, the driver side window was sticking and it could sometimes be fixed by hitting the door. That got old, so I took it in and had to have the switch pack replaced at $350. That fixed the problem for a little while, but now it is starting to happen again, though not as regularly as before. Anybody experience anything similar? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Window sticks (Volrus)

I had the same problem with my '97 850.<br>Your window may be sticking because the tracks in the window frame are causing too much friction. If that's the problem, here's a cheap DIY solution--go out and get a can of spray silicone, lower the window and spray the tracks thoroughly. The window should slide more easily. This also worked on my sister's Honda.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: Window sticks (Volrus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Volrus</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last question I promise....see below posts. Anyway, the driver side window was sticking and it could sometimes be fixed by hitting the door. That got old, so I took it in and had to have the switch pack replaced at $350. That fixed the problem for a little while, but now it is starting to happen again, though not as regularly as before. Anybody experience anything similar? Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE><br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ellita</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the same problem with my '97 850.<br>Your window may be sticking because the tracks in the window frame are causing too much friction. If that's the problem, here's a cheap DIY solution--go out and get a can of spray silicone, lower the window and spray the tracks thoroughly. The window should slide more easily. This also worked on my sister's Honda.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>and if that doesn't work...take it back to the place (probably the dealer?) that did the repair the first time, and tell them to check it again because it obviously didn't solve your problem as it should have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts