SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 2008 s40, however it has a bunch of water spots on the windows/sunroof rearview mirrors. i tried a couple of things even to a razor blade to it and it wont come off. any tips or techniques? i got my windows tinted too so they stand out a bit more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use Stoner's Invisible glass for my windows, which works pretty well. <p>If that doesn't work then clay your windows. However, I'm not sure about the effect of either on tints.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: window spots (gonefly)

Its acid rain spots I have deal with it a lot doing used cars I have got some out with a high speed buffer with a wool pad and polishing compound you dont want a compound with to much grit and you want to keep it wet well buffing stop and keep checking the temp of the glass you dont want it to get to hot because of the chatter proof film in the glass is vinyl

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: (djcll6121)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djcll6121</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use Stoner's Invisible glass for my windows, which works pretty well. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yeah, Invisible glass works awesomely.<p>Wash the windows first to get the dirt off, then spray a layer of Invisible Glass, wipe with a dry microfiber towel, and finish it off with another spraying and wiping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts