SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my passenger side window, I have this problem when I roll down the window all the way and start rolling it back up again, the window seal (running vertically on the B pillar side) gets pinched in-between the window and door frame causing the window to jam. Anyone experience this before? It's almost as if the window is not sliding in proper alignment and causes enough of a gap to let the seal fall inwards, and eventually get pinched.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Had this happened to me on the rear driver side window. It didnt jam the window though. After I noticed it we pulled the seal up and kind of went back into place. Never happened again

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Did this just start? I can tell you with certainty I've never rolled down our back windows, and only two times rolled down the passenger window, but no problems.

That's not right, get it to the dealer ASAP. I think you're correct in when you said a misaligned window track

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had this happen on another vehicle I owned but not a Volvo. A 4-5 inch section would get pinched. Resolved by replacing the weather stripping.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did this just start? I can tell you with certainty I've never rolled down our back windows, and only two times rolled down the passenger window, but no problems.

That's not right, get it to the dealer ASAP. I think you're correct in when you said a misaligned window track
Started about two months ago. Took it to the dealer once, and they "lubricated the track and weather strip". It doesn't seem like it's a problem with the weatherstripping, but more so the actual window track. Its almost as if the window is moving up the frame skewed, where a gap forms between the window and weatherstrip, eventually causing the pinch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts