SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what you see and use thin putty knife to smooth it out ...

· Registered
829 Posts
Did you remove the rubber trim or just fill it in leaving it there?

· Registered
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sliced the upper one off and the bottom one stayed...the bottom was not that bad...will see how it'll hold/stick when it's dry...

i can tell you i'll look good for sure...:D

· Registered
829 Posts
i sliced the upper one off and the bottom one stayed...the bottom was not that bad...will see how it'll hold/stick when it's dry...

i can tell you i'll look good for sure...:D
I might need to do this soon as mine is falling apart, let us know how it holds after the test of time.

· Registered
2,810 Posts
Probably should start w/a good windshield 1st? It looks like it adheres to the windshield so would have to be done again after a replacement...correct?

· Registered
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably should start w/a good windshield 1st? It looks like it adheres to the windshield so would have to be done again after a replacement...correct?
my does not adhere to windshield, it is in the rubber channel and the trim is removable...even is your bottom rubber channel is deteriorated you can mask down the windshield the stuff does not adhere to masking tape...also i sanded the caulk down to give it a flat look.

wallah

· Registered
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, waiting for my windshield to needing replacement and then I will just replace all the trim pieces around the windshield at the same time.
yeah those clips just brake, mind as well do it all at once...i just cant see my self paying 200 some $ for trim.

· Registered
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was a good idea. I just wish mine would have still had even a little bit of a base. I cut mine off on both sides, replacements is too expensive.
you could still do this...harder but still doable .

· Registered
3 Posts
Looks like a very good solution!
The window trim of my 2002 S60 is very deteriorated too. It completely falls apart.
Has anyone tried this solution with window-weld too and what are your experiences? As I see the topic starter is no longer active on this forum.
Also, what does he mean with the upper and the bottom rubber trim? Did he slice the whole trim off and then put in the window-weld between the window trim and the windshield?
I really want to try this too. My S60 still is a very nice car apart from the completely deteriorated trim at the sides of the windshield. And I am not willing to pay hunderds of Dollars (Euros) for a new window trim.

· Registered
111 Posts
The topic starter is absolutely active on here spoke to him a week or two ago.

Anyway I have the same problem and do not know if it affects anything. Does it?
I went ahead and removed the whole rotted rubber trim. It looks better but the excessive wind noise is crazy loud! I do 80% of my driving on the highway and when I’m on the phone via Bluetooth, I’m always asked if my windows are down. I have replacement trim I got off a v70 that I plan on retrofitting this spring. I will post when completed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts