SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Window Roll Down With Remote

25K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  Stef1 
#1 ·
My 2012 S60 does not seem to have the function in the remote (have keyless drive) to lower the windows using the remote (press unlock button 3 times, windows go down). My C30 does this, as did my BMW. I could swear the salesman showed this to me, maybe not? It's not in the owners manual. Anyone out there have this ability on their S60?

#4 ·
Thanks. I searched but did not find that thread. Really dumb logic on Volvo's part, it works on my C30, and did on my old S40. Oh well. I read somewhere that there is a big update to Sensus for 2012 cars, dealer is supposed to update the software. I'll be there next week with my C30, I'll ask about that.

#10 · (Edited)
The difference may be you live in Sweden........apparently different specs...........although I may just give it a try!!! :)

#14 ·
#19 ·
errrrr..... yeah this idiotic i`m going to check on this with my buddy that works @ my local volvo dealership

#20 ·
Yep! And even more idiotic, it works on my C30. Why enable it on one car line and not on another?? Could this be the new influence of Geely? I use this feature all the time in summer. Best example was my 2011 BMW X5. Not only could you open the windows with the remote, if you held the button long enough, the sunroof would open as well.

#29 ·
Yeah. Wait until one day when you're trying to roll the window up and it keeps coming up a few inches and then going down. Then we'll see how cool that feature is. =P Better safe than sorry, of course. I make this post entirely in jest.

#35 ·
My moms 2003 accord, and my 2011 c30, could both roll down the same way, holding unlock. Just bought a 2015 S60 T5 AWD (not drive-e) and it doesn't work. So disappointing. It's obviously a legal spec thing. I know I'm a few years late on this discussion lol
But all the new SPA models all do this now; works on my parents 2016 XC90.

#36 ·
after so productive discussion and lots of good feedback, I would like to come back to the main root of this discussion: Does anyone has a solution? Software update? Module?

Thanks

#37 ·
I do know that this feature is called 'Global Open/Close'. In my vehicle details scan I made with VIDA I can confirm that it's a NO for my Canadian spec V60.

This is certainly managed by the CEM (central electronic module).

I also found this in the V40 manual, I imagine this is also part of Global Open/close ?

#38 ·
Done !:thumbup:

I Retrofitted 'Global Opening/Closing' this morning with vdash. Not cheap at 40 Euros but worth it for me. I appreciated this feature on my B6 Passat and was missing it on the V60.
I love being able to make sure that all the car's windows (and the moonfoof) are closed from my living room when rain is expected. Will try to find an euro user manual to make sure I fully understand how it works.

#39 ·
I'm a bit late to this discussion but my current b6 passat does this in the US. What's vdash and how'd you retrofitted it?

Parts? perhaps a how to might help others in here.

Done ![emoji106]

I Retrofitted 'Global Opening/Closing' this morning with vdash. Not cheap at 40 Euros but worth it for me. I appreciated this feature on my B6 Passat and was missing it on the V60.
I love being able to make sure that all the car's windows (and the moonfoof) are closed from my living room when rain is expected. Will try to find an euro user manual to make sure I fully understand how it works.
Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Had a look at the European user manual that sleby shared on the headlights thread and yes, there isn't more to it than :

On the remote:

-Keep the 'unlock' button pressed to open the doors windows
-Keep the 'lock' button pressed to close the windows AND the moonroof

In the car:

-Keep the 'unlock' button on the driver's door pressed to open the doors windows
-Keep the 'lock' button pressed on the driver's door to close the windows AND the moonroof

What is different from the VW is that it doesn't stop the windows when you stop pressing... you have to quickly press the other one to stop e.g. to stop midway open.

#48 ·
I can confirm that the Global Opening/Closing works as described on my V60.
I have also owned many Volkswagen (and still do) and this works on them also.
Also did the same on my Ford Mondeo's...

#49 ·
Add me to the remote controlled windows mod :) Been in contact with the VDASH people. They've been very helpful. It took about 18 hours to crack the CEM and $47 later I can now control the windows with the key fob. Best $47 I've spent on this car! You definitely need a battery charger connected larger than 1amp. I tried to use a charger/maintainer that was 750mA and that just didn't keep up. Something over 3 amps should work. I'm looking forward to exploring this program to see what else can be done :thumbup:

#50 ·
Good Job ! Welcome to the club.
I used my good old 15A charger with no issues.

Now I think it would be nice if moderators could create a new forum section for V-Dash related topics.

#51 · (Edited)
So i want to do this but MAN does it look shady... first of all i found the vdash software download on their Czech site and got it installed. It wants you to register and them call them in order to activate the registration? Did you guys actually talk to someone to get it setup or something? What information did they ask for?

#52 ·
No, it's an automated system. You don't talk to anyone. It just answers and hangs up, at least it's suppose to. I couldn't connect for some reason so I emailed them and they set up my account manually. I think it had something to do with my phone line. I might have international calls disabled. The guys there are very helpful.

#54 ·
Yes this awesome! I want to be added to the list also lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.