SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Yep! And even more idiotic, it works on my C30. Why enable it on one car line and not on another?? Could this be the new influence of Geely? I use this feature all the time in summer. Best example was my 2011 BMW X5. Not only could you open the windows with the remote, if you held the button long enough, the sunroof would open as well.
Volvo sunroof works on the same way in Sweden as your BMW X5. If you have rainsensor it will automatically close windows and sunroof if it would start raining

My Audi A4 had this feature (not listed in the manual) but you had to plug the car into your laptop with a special cable and "turn it on" by changing some of the feature code. I did this and it worked great. Anyone know of any way to do this with our cars?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I have no idea how you could have possibly made the leap from not having remote window opening in the S60 to Geely owning Volvo.

The only explanation I can figure is that you want to blame anything bad in Volvos on Geely.
No, don't want to blame. but, feature works on Volvo built prior to Geely. Car built after, feature does not work. It works on cars outside of USA, so I was simply asking the question (hence the ?) if this could be.

Yep.....like the guy who left the drivers seat of his mobile home because it had "cruise control"..............and he won in court!!! Wow...........
Actually, the RV Cruise Control Lawsuit is false according to Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp

But jury members end up feeling sorry for the injured and figure the "big companies" can afford to take care of those injuries. After all, we all hate big companies, right? And it doesn't cost the jury members anything, right? (yes, I know, the company gets money from things it sells, so prices go up)

What normally does not make the news is the result after appeal. In the McDonald's Hot Coffee lawsuit, the woman won $BIG for her injuries. It was totally overturned on appeal. When the woman (well, technically her attorney) threatened to appeal, McD's settled for her medical bills.

Yep! And even more idiotic, it works on my C30. Why enable it on one car line and not on another?? Could this be the new influence of Geely? I use this feature all the time in summer. Best example was my 2011 BMW X5. Not only could you open the windows with the remote, if you held the button long enough, the sunroof would open as well.
hey bobamoo just wonder did you buy C30 as part of the oversea`s delivery ??

On the window note, while my buddy and I were driving he had his arm out the window. Not knowing his arm was out, I clicked to roll up the windows to use the AC and I guess it sensed the pressure of his arm there and it rolled back down. Pretty cool safety feature I think.

Yeah. Wait until one day when you're trying to roll the window up and it keeps coming up a few inches and then going down. Then we'll see how cool that feature is. =P Better safe than sorry, of course. I make this post entirely in jest.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
hey bobamoo just wonder did you buy C30 as part of the oversea`s delivery ??
No, it was sitting on the dealers lot. Was actually going to buy an S40, but the one I wanted had just sold. I went out to look again, and saw my C30 sitting on the front corner of their lot. It just kind of called to me, and that was that. Would love to do an OSD someday. If I had known when I bought my new S60 this winter that I could order it in cosmic white, but only for OSD, I would have done it. For some odd reason, you can't get that color on the S60 here.

No, it was sitting on the dealers lot. Was actually going to buy an S40, but the one I wanted had just sold. I went out to look again, and saw my C30 sitting on the front corner of their lot. It just kind of called to me, and that was that. Would love to do an OSD someday. If I had known when I bought my new S60 this winter that I could order it in cosmic white, but only for OSD, I would have done it. For some odd reason, you can't get that color on the S60 here.
oh ok thanks !! yea that was pretty much the same here i wanted another s40 except T5 awd couldnt find one so i went & drove a S60 " T5 " & when pulling back in i seen my soon to be car

Yeah. Wait until one day when you're trying to roll the window up and it keeps coming up a few inches and then going down. Then we'll see how cool that feature is. =P Better safe than sorry, of course. I make this post entirely in jest.
I agree! This "feature" was a PITA on my previous car. That was an Eos. On occasion, when returning to my car I would find one of the windows halfway down, for some reason. This after rolling them up turning off the ignition, leaving and locking the car! Fortunately it never happened then rained! A relearning procedure had to be performed to stop this from happening. Why they would go all the way up, stay that way, and then lower some time later remains a mystery to me. Maybe it was a "feature" for thieves.

I'm currently having this issue with the sunroof on our IS250. The sunroof will close almost all the way then stop and reverse! It took about 10 minutes to get the damn thing to close all the way. I found the relearning procedure on-line for this (doesn't look simple) but because of rain have yet to give it a try.

My moms 2003 accord, and my 2011 c30, could both roll down the same way, holding unlock. Just bought a 2015 S60 T5 AWD (not drive-e) and it doesn’t work. So disappointing. It’s obviously a legal spec thing. I know I’m a few years late on this discussion lol

My moms 2003 accord, and my 2011 c30, could both roll down the same way, holding unlock. Just bought a 2015 S60 T5 AWD (not drive-e) and it doesn't work. So disappointing. It's obviously a legal spec thing. I know I'm a few years late on this discussion lol
But all the new SPA models all do this now; works on my parents 2016 XC90.

after so productive discussion and lots of good feedback, I would like to come back to the main root of this discussion: Does anyone has a solution? Software update? Module?

Thanks

I do know that this feature is called 'Global Open/Close'. In my vehicle details scan I made with VIDA I can confirm that it's a NO for my Canadian spec V60.

This is certainly managed by the CEM (central electronic module).

I also found this in the V40 manual, I imagine this is also part of Global Open/close ?

Done !:thumbup:

I Retrofitted 'Global Opening/Closing' this morning with vdash. Not cheap at 40 Euros but worth it for me. I appreciated this feature on my B6 Passat and was missing it on the V60.
I love being able to make sure that all the car's windows (and the moonfoof) are closed from my living room when rain is expected. Will try to find an euro user manual to make sure I fully understand how it works.

I'm a bit late to this discussion but my current b6 passat does this in the US. What's vdash and how'd you retrofitted it?

Parts? perhaps a how to might help others in here.

Done ![emoji106]

I Retrofitted 'Global Opening/Closing' this morning with vdash. Not cheap at 40 Euros but worth it for me. I appreciated this feature on my B6 Passat and was missing it on the V60.
I love being able to make sure that all the car's windows (and the moonfoof) are closed from my living room when rain is expected. Will try to find an euro user manual to make sure I fully understand how it works.
Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit late to this discussion but my current b6 passat does this in the US. What's vdash and how'd you retrofitted it?

Parts? perhaps a how to might help others in here.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
I considered starting a new thread but will explain here.

Vdash is a software with VIDA like capabilities but that can also change the CEM configuration.
Since a lot of 'features' are controlled by the CEM (central electric module), this tool becomes invaluable since AFAIK it's the only one that can do this.
I use my DICE unit to connect it to the car. The software is free but you have to register and pay for the features that you need, in this case 40 Euros.
http://volvocesky.cz/en/f-a-q

Before changing the CEM configuration, the CEM PIN code has to be cracked. This took around 20 hours on mine. Then it's just a matter of changing the configuration, a few seconds.
No hardware changes or parts are required.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.