SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 S60 does not seem to have the function in the remote (have keyless drive) to lower the windows using the remote (press unlock button 3 times, windows go down). My C30 does this, as did my BMW. I could swear the salesman showed this to me, maybe not? It's not in the owners manual. Anyone out there have this ability on their S60?

·
Registered
687 Posts
good question !! i have a s60 also but mine is a T6 awd triple black

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I searched but did not find that thread. Really dumb logic on Volvo's part, it works on my C30, and did on my old S40. Oh well. I read somewhere that there is a big update to Sensus for 2012 cars, dealer is supposed to update the software. I'll be there next week with my C30, I'll ask about that.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried that many times. Same as my C30. No go. Dealer said S60 does not do this. Wondering, does your T6 have keyless drive/personal car communicator remote?

·
Registered
11 Posts
S60 UK market without PCC has the function when car is unlocked press and hold unlock button on remote, to close lock car and press and hold lock button on remote.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I have PCC and it works with mine.
Just hold the unlock button few seconds.
The difference may be you live in Sweden........apparently different specs...........although I may just give it a try!!! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Doesn't work on my US based 2012 RD with PCC. Just tried it

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I do not understand why there is another specs for this in the US but it is certainly true.
Stupid
U.S. over-regulation. 63 pages on power windows in the link below (check out page 39).
Note you have to hold it down through the process and it can't work from more than 6 meters
(non line of site) or 11 meters line of site:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/Rulemaking/Rules/Associated Files/KT­_Safety_Act_ARS_NPRM.pdf

Volvo probably said not worth the hassle to implement for U.S. market. Can't blame them.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I do not understand why there is another specs for this in the US but it is certainly true.
Stupid
We have a lot of people that refuse to take responsibility and some very good lawyers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
U.S. over-regulation. 63 pages on power windows in the link below (check out page 39).
Note you have to hold it down through the process and it can't work from more than 6 meters
(non line of site) or 11 meters line of site:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/Rulemaking/Rules/Associated Files/KT­_Safety_Act_ARS_NPRM.pdf

Volvo probably said not worth the hassle to implement for U.S. market. Can't blame them.
Actually on p. 29:
"....standards specify that windows may be closed by remote control with a range of no greater than 6 meters, or 11 meters for remote controls requiring direct line-of-sight...."

And on p. 36:
".... but there are no safety ramifications of express down, so it is not included in this discussion."

So the nhtsa only seems to be interested in express closing and not opening.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We have a lot of people that refuse to take responsibility and some very good lawyers.
Yep.....like the guy who left the drivers seat of his mobile home because it had "cruise control"..............and he won in court!!! Wow...........

·
Registered
687 Posts
errrrr..... yeah this idiotic i`m going to check on this with my buddy that works @ my local volvo dealership

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
errrrr..... yeah this idiotic i`m going to check on this with my buddy that works @ my local volvo dealership
Yep! And even more idiotic, it works on my C30. Why enable it on one car line and not on another?? Could this be the new influence of Geely? I use this feature all the time in summer. Best example was my 2011 BMW X5. Not only could you open the windows with the remote, if you held the button long enough, the sunroof would open as well.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts