SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question on another site and wanted to see if there was any information regarding this issue here.

I have a 2007 s40.

My front passenger window goes all the way up, but appears to be off the track. When I attempt to lower it, rather than going straight down, it dives down at an angle and stops mid-way (looking like a shark fin).

Does anyone know what problem this is?

Also, I've pulled off the door panel. I'm assuming that I need to pull off the metal plate that appears to cover the entire cavity in order to access the window. But I don't know how much I have to disconnect to get that panel off. For example, do I need to take out the screws on the side of the door that hold the locking mechanism to the frame.

There's a vid online for replacing the door lock actuator, but it seems to involve stripping the door down completely (removing the outer door handle, etc.). I'm hoping I don't have to go that far, but in for a penny, in for a pound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If memory serves me right...Lower window 29mm there should be two rubber access grommets...one left one right where the window gets clamped to the scissor type regulator. Don't attempt to remove panel without disconnecting the glass you will most likely break it, the regulator is riveted to that "inner skin"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
This is correct. Remove the 2 grommets & lower the glass until the clamp bolts appear in the hole.
Perhaps one of the bolts is just loose...
If that's not it proceed with taking the regulator out. Remove glass first. Then undue the many screws around the perimeter. You'll also need to disconnect the wiring harness in the door jam as this comes with the regulator.

Refer to this post

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Do you know if the lock actuator has to come out with panel? If so, does this just involve removing the bolts on the side of the door or do you have to remove the exterior handle as well?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Everything has to go. Follow the guide I linked to & you'll be fine.
Its an odd system compared to most cars... Give yourself plenty of time.

Also, your 2007 will have a different wiring connector in the door jam. Move catches on the bottom of the connector outward & move the whole works upward. I believe the harness/connector is also attached to the inside of the door. You need to have this loose as all the wiring comes with the cassette as it's removed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything has to go. Follow the guide I linked to & you'll be fine.
Its an odd system compared to most cars... Give yourself plenty of time.

Also, your 2007 will have a different wiring connector in the door jam. Move catches on the bottom of the connector outward & move the whole works upward. I believe the harness/connector is also attached to the inside of the door. You need to have this loose as all the wiring comes with the cassette as it's removed.
I will, but I don't see the link.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to bump this again. But I'd like to see if I can get whatever parts I need before I take this whole thing apart. The right front passenger window goes almost all the way up, but it is off track, it sticks out a little bit away from the frame. The window goes down to a point, but not all of the way and the front of the window starts to dive down after it has come down to a point. In other words, it doesn't seem like the window is coming straight down. Should I be buying an entire regulator or are specific pieces likely the culprit?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
This is not a common issue. You'll have to take it apart & inspect.
I suspect a loose attachment bolt or the guide felt to be bunched up somewhere. These are purely guesses though...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry to bump this again. But I'd like to see if I can get whatever parts I need before I take this whole thing apart. The right front passenger window goes almost all the way up, but it is off track, it sticks out a little bit away from the frame. The window goes down to a point, but not all of the way and the front of the window starts to dive down after it has come down to a point. In other words, it doesn't seem like the window is coming straight down. Should I be buying an entire regulator or are specific pieces likely the culprit?
This is most likely your culprit...start reading from this post of how I resolved my issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts