SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While returning the 2020 XC90 loaner I had last week whilst the dealership was doing warranty work on my wife’s XC90 I asked about the window clip that was missing from both of my cars. There was one mounted in the window of the 2020.

The dealer didn’t give me a reason they were left off of the 2016 and 2019 but told me that they were the same part so I ordered two. Here’s the Part #31651857 in case anyone else wants to order. Cost £3 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
It's the greatest secret that every Volvo owner complained was missing but every non-Volvo owner asks about it's purpose! I actually am one that really likes em. They go on the a pillar near the bottom left corner. Great for parking passes etc. They came back as standard in 2020 but weren't available before on the SPA cars.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It's the greatest secret that every Volvo owner complained was missing but every non-Volvo owner asks about it's purpose! I actually am one that really likes em. They go on the a pillar near the bottom left corner. Great for parking passes etc. They came back as standard in 2020 but weren't available before on the SPA cars.
Those of us long time Volvo owners remember the ticket clip - glad its back. We also miss the fold flat passenger seat and the 40/20/40 second row. It would really be nice if Volvo brought those back as well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I got this on my XC60 MY2018

·
Registered
41 Posts
We noticed the clip on our 2020 when we did the OSD delivery in October. Both of us, first-time Volvo owners, were "WTF IS THAT THING?!?!?!?" :D I immediately tried to pry it out, but that wouldn't move without breaking the piece...

My thought was that it would make it much harder to clean the window, but then I realized I only wash the inner side of my windshield every 10 years or so (!!!), so it's not a big deal I guess :)

Geoff

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
121 Posts
My 2019 XC60 does not have that clip. There is a clip on each sun visor (same side as the visor mirror) however for holding tickets, credit cards, etc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was wondering why they removed it. I had it on my previous 01 V70 and used it often and as a little disappointed they removed it from the new car....

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's interesting, we don't have it on 2018 XC60 but we do have it on 2020 V60 CC. I was actually curious whether it would be possible to add to the XC60 as well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Installation takes maybe 5 minutes.

Pull the plastic covering access to the A pillar and remove the bolt (8mm).

Then pull the pillar gently towards the center of the windscreen. There are a couple of pressure clips that release and it should just pull away at the top. No need to remove the whole thing.

You only need an inch or so to set the clip behind it.

Once you set it wherever you like just reverse the previous steps making sure to press the pillar to seat the pressure clips.

Be aware that the airbag is back there too so be extra careful when prying the pillar and pushing it back in.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention that the dealer told me it would work on my wife’s XC90 as well so it doesn’t appear to be model specific.

I can confirm the right side A pillar is identical to the left if you were going to install it there.

I ran wiring in the headliner and behind the off-side A pillar to the fuse box for my dash cam earlier this year.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Correct you can add it to any SPA car now.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
+1 With MY16 XC90s, the European market seemed to have them while the US market did not. The out of pocket cost for the part was $4 USD which I order back in early 2016. Dealer installed it free of charge, even the part was free. - good will lives even for the small things.

·
Registered
997 Posts
We noticed the clip on our 2020 when we did the OSD delivery in October. Both of us, first-time Volvo owners, were "WTF IS THAT THING?!?!?!?" :D I immediately tried to pry it out, but that wouldn't move without breaking the piece...

My thought was that it would make it much harder to clean the window, but then I realized I only wash the inner side of my windshield every 10 years or so (!!!), so it's not a big deal I guess :)

Geoff
Same here,,, ha...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Having owned 42 Volvo's since 1960, most came with the clip. When I picked up my 2018 V90 it did not have the clip. Dealer said it is not a spec on that year. So I ordered one and the dealer installed it no charge. Glad to hear it is now included in the new models. :rave:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks they are stupid?
I like the utility of them for a variety of reasons. To each his own though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 37 Posts