SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07' XC70 passenger side window only goes up about half way automatically then goes back down. I have to hold the button up in order for it to go up all the way. What would cause that?

·
Registered
315 Posts
When the window goes up if it hits a spot with excess friction or resistance it will auto reverse for safety.

Are the window channel felt guides in place and in good shape?

If not, work them back into place so the window goes up unimpeded.

If good try lubricating them with silicone spray.

Being that the little blue window lift guides can become brittle and break causing major malfunction you may want to pull the door panel and have a look inside for any defects and maybe change and grease them proactively.

·
Registered
684 Posts
When the window goes up if it hits a spot with excess friction or resistance it will auto reverse for safety.
I have had many cars where during certain times of the year - tree sap on the glass causes that. (due to friction) Cleaning the windows fixes it. Or if clean reinitialize the upper window stop.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Checked and lubed the channels. No change. Slider bearings replaced. No change. I noticed some wobble in the regulator mechanism as the window is going up. So, I think that might be the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts