SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is you car having a wind noise sound from the both side of front door driving at 50MPH or 80KM/h?

Note: Not whistle sound generated from the side mirror

Being sending to VOLVO for repair for couple time and the result still the same

There is no solution yet as claim from Volvo, Their technical personnel claim is a design issue and seemly like pushing away my issue and asking me to live with it...

This is unacceptable to me for the irresponsible answer because design issue is not my issue

Mind to share do you have this problem

·
Registered
329 Posts
There's a fix for it. It's buried in this forum

·
Registered
301 Posts
add me to the list. it is one of the biggest let downs. for a car this much $. mine is loud enough it seems like a window is not fully close.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unless its something different, I believe the fix was the window moldings. My '12 RD is NOT loud at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This car is not cheap as claim as "beggerben".... i agree...

I love this car, paying that much because partly we want a better and comfort drive

but when comparing to the same class and category car like BMW, AUDI & MERC BENZ for almost the same price as us, they are laughing big at us to have a wind sound driving at 50MPH

I have a habit to drive a car without music on most of the time, because I like to have a quite area while driving so I can refresh my mind for job and business related thing

Now this wind noise really annoying me......

I hope VOLVO will recall back their car and fixed this issue....

Before this can happen....

If you have this problem, please spend a little time to post "yes same problem" and please make a complain to VOLVO near your place

Someday our voice can be heard and VOLVO need to take responsibility for this..

Thanks you...all brother

·
Registered
329 Posts
There's a window molding fix for the noise. I'll try to dig it up. It's different than the fix above

·
Registered
459 Posts
My 2012 has no wind noise at all, so there must have been some design change to eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2012 T6 and have not noticed any unreasonable amount of wind noise when on the interstate. I hear a bit that sounds like its coming from the roof, but nothing distracting.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i had the mirror fix done,but still no help at all. i have a very very early 2012,built in may 2011.i have had all wind noise tj's done,but still the noise gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seemly the issue of wind noise only have with car built in 2011

Anyone else have this problem

I going to VOLVO today to file my problem again...

i had the mirror fix done,but still no help at all. i have a very very early 2012,built in may 2011.i have had all wind noise tj's done,but still the noise gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have a 2011 S60 T6 that was also plagued with the wind whistle noises. It was quite annoying, and I experienced it only at 50+ MPH. It was more noticeable with a crosswind.

The Tech Journal posted up is the correct one. Reference that when you bring the car to your dealer for service. That TJ has the part numbers and instructions for performing the repair. Better yet, print a copy and leave it on the dashboard for the tech to reference. You are not the only one with this issue, in fact it is a known problem, so Volvo issued the bulletin for dealers to use when customers raise the complaint.

Baggerben: There are also body/door seals that are supposed to be replaced along with the mirror seals. So if the dealer only replaced your mirror seals, they did not do the whole job. Also, if you have BLIS, the noise will never go away 100%. I have BLIS and still notice an extremely faint whistle noise, but nowhere near as loud as prior to the warranty repair.

I had my dealer perform this service last week and my whistles are all gone. It's finally tolerable to drive on the highway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi DWBF1

Can find post it here the technical journel

I have a 2011 S60 T6 that was also plagued with the wind whistle noises. It was quite annoying, and I experienced it only at 50+ MPH. It was more noticeable with a crosswind.

The Tech Journal posted up is the correct one. Reference that when you bring the car to your dealer for service. That TJ has the part numbers and instructions for performing the repair. Better yet, print a copy and leave it on the dashboard for the tech to reference. You are not the only one with this issue, in fact it is a known problem, so Volvo issued the bulletin for dealers to use when customers raise the complaint.

Baggerben: There are also body/door seals that are supposed to be replaced along with the mirror seals. So if the dealer only replaced your mirror seals, they did not do the whole job. Also, if you have BLIS, the noise will never go away 100%. I have BLIS and still notice an extremely faint whistle noise, but nowhere near as loud as prior to the warranty repair.

I had my dealer perform this service last week and my whistles are all gone. It's finally tolerable to drive on the highway.

·
Registered
301 Posts
mmmm, there was no mention of door seals to be replaced also, i'll have to look into it,thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts