SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a 08 c70 wind deflector? anyone have one they want to sell or know of a good place to buy?

lowest price i've been is ebay $427 shipped.

·
Registered
649 Posts
keep checking the classifieds section, as well as eBay & Craigslist. I've seen them come up, though not very often. Last year I recall seeing a couple on eBay for around $300.
I definitely recommend one - greatly extends top down season, and keeps long-haired spouses/significant others happy.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
AFAIK, the wind blocks are the same for all GenII model years. We carried over our '08 wind block to use in our current '11...perfect fit(Folks who have/had the GenI C70 will recall two peg/hole configs, complicating the fit issue). In other words, the block need not be YEAR specific as long as it's for the GenII. This might make finding one a bit easier.
Good luck...ours is seeing quite a bit of duty since we finally have some cooler weather. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pricey buggers, when I bought mine I thought it was going to be gold plated. They do work great.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i found one on craiglist - he was selling his car, i offered to just by the windblock for $300. the thing is incredible! definitely quieter, but more surprising is how much warmth it traps too. love it!

·
Registered
649 Posts
congrats - yes, I think it's a must have.

re: windblox - don't have experience with it but the design does not look as effective. I think the wind will rush in from between the seats, below the block.

I usually keep the vertical panel down as the windblocker seems to work just fine in that position. If it's really cold or if I'm with long-haired companion then I might raise the panel - there is a noticeable difference, but not huge. I think covering the rear seat well does most of wind blocking, and the Windblox does not do that.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
congrats - yes, I think it's a must have.

re: windblox - don't have experience with it but the design does not look as effective. I think the wind will rush in from between the seats, below the block.

I usually keep the vertical panel down as the windblocker seems to work just fine in that position. If it's really cold or if I'm with long-haired companion then I might raise the panel - there is a noticeable difference, but not huge. I think covering the rear seat well does most of wind blocking, and the Windblox does not do that.
I put the vertical panel up most of the time, but agree the horizontal screen does the most work. I think the Windblox would work best on a roadster like the Miata; but it likely would be better than nothing.

I was removing our windblock at the 'auto spa' the other day and put the top up after I pulled in the bay. The detail dude just watched and said, "I never get tired of watching that top go up...that's pretty cool." Even though they've been around for a half-dozen years, the 'transformer' top still gets a lot of attention.;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The factory wind blocker also makes for a place to hide away packages/etc. when the top is down. I use the zipper feature quite often. Great spot for the dogs too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can the factory windblocker be left in position with the top up?
Yes. The top position doesn't affect the windblocker.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Can the factory windblocker be left in position with the top up?
I'd recommend it unless you have folks in the back seat frequently OR if you know it will be days before the top goes back down. Just flip down the vertical panel for better visibility AND so you don't look like a dweeb. ;)

However, I'm finding our windblock from '08 is getting a little 'flexy' when the vertical panel in down...just a little floppier than before. It's fine and stable in the upright position; but it may be losing a bit of integrity at the ripe old age of 5 years. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased one right after I bought my C70. I just used it last Sunday, and going 80mph barely stirred my girlfriends long hair with of course all windows down. I bought mine off Ebay and it actually came from a Volvo dealership.
Yes, they are high but; they are specifically made for just one car and anything like that will be high in price.
Worth it, Yes!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The key may be to find someone who is about to trade or turn in a C70. The 'value' of the windblock would likely disappear in a trade situation, so it's one item I removed from our '04 when we traded it. I sold it at a pretty low price to a fellow who had three Gen I convertibles(two different 'pegs' on the windblock, depending on the year). Not sure how you would find these folks prior to their trade unless you have an 'in' at the dealer(or have a friend or neighbor with a C70).

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup, used is ideal in terms of savings. but if you get sick of waiting, volvo dealers also often have 15-20% off coupons which will bring the $500 retail price down a bit.

definitely a must have if you plan to do any higher speed driving with the top down and want to be able to hear a passenger or the radio

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Volvo is the windiest car I have ever had. On every other conv. I have had,the windblocker was a nice feature. On the Volvo it is a must have.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's one for $375 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2007-2...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ee83388&vxp=mtr

Another currently at $25.

One of the tricks I found on these is to search the various things people will list it as in their title such as: wind blocker, windblocker, windscreen, wind deflector, windbreaker etc....

You'll get some different results with some of those and may score a better price that less people are finding with their searches.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts