SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I begin if i wanted to get this scan tool? Will it work on Mac or only PC? I dont see to many posts on mac users being able to use Vida/dice. If I could get some direction as to where to buy this tool that would be great. Price?

Thank you

·
Registered
514 Posts
I purchased mine through a website called allibaba (www.alibaba.com). It's like an ebay type site. If you type in VIDA or DICE in the search you will find some listings. I bought mine from a company called Shenzhen OEMScan Technology Co. and everything works fine. I don't believe VIDA works on a MAC but I'm sure there has to be some cracked coding out there that will allow it. Mine is running on windows XP.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You'll need to get Parallels or VMWare and run Windows, or run via Bootcamp. It can work, just takes a bit more software.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You'll need to get Parallels or VMWare and run Windows, or run via Bootcamp. It can work, just takes a bit more software.
+1, i've run it on an older macbook pro

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Where do I begin if i wanted to get this scan tool? Will it work on Mac or only PC? I dont see to many posts on mac users being able to use Vida/dice. If I could get some direction as to where to buy this tool that would be great. Price?

Thank you
works just fine on vmware fusion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have it running just fine inside a VirtualBox VM on my old MacBook. It is *really* slow, but it does run.

I was talking to my service guy at Volvo of Tempe. He indicated that VICE was incredibly slow for them too. So, it sounds like the dealers could use some system tuneup to get it running a bit faster as well...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Pete - get rid of the mallet and find a proper sledge to take care of those under-powered, poorly designed machines.

OP - I'm loaded on a partition on my late 2008 MacBookPro using BootCamp on Windows 7. Works perfectly, and not slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts